Where can I find the NBU 5.1 Linux client? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Where can I find the NBU 5.1 Linux client? - Veritas Net Backup ; I am looking for the Veritas NetBackup 5.1 Linux/Solaris client. We are running 5.1 MP5 on a Windows 2003 server, but when I install the Linux client and cat out the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version file, it says 5.0GA I see where you ...

  1. Where can I find the NBU 5.1 Linux client?

    I am looking for the Veritas NetBackup 5.1 Linux/Solaris client. We are running
    5.1 MP5 on a Windows 2003 server, but when I install the Linux client and
    cat out the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version file, it says 5.0GA

    I see where you can download the Linux client 5.1 maintenance packs, but
    it won't install unless you have the 5.1 base client installed. I contacted
    customer care and they directed me to a download site that said it was the
    5.1 Linux client, but the version file still reads 5.0GA after I installed
    it.

    Any ideas where I can get the 5.1 base client?

    Thanks,

    Matt

  2. Re: Where can I find the NBU 5.1 Linux client?

    "Matt Krause" wrote:
    >Any ideas where I can get the 5.1 base client?

    Me too! I've got a 6.0 server, but 6.0 doesn't work on Fedora Core. I've
    read the 5.1 (while unsupported) works.
    Thanks,
    -Kevin

+ Reply to Thread