NBU5.1MP6 for SQL - Full Backup Schedule - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NBU5.1MP6 for SQL - Full Backup Schedule - Veritas Net Backup ; Have recently setup 2 additional sql servers using the Netbackup agent and created a Full, incremental and transaction log schedules. The TRANS and INCR run fine via the scheduler. The FULL schedule however will not kick off within its window. ...

  1. NBU5.1MP6 for SQL - Full Backup Schedule

    Have recently setup 2 additional sql servers using the Netbackup agent and
    created a Full, incremental and transaction log schedules. The TRANS and
    INCR run fine via the scheduler. The FULL schedule however will not kick
    off within its window. It runs fine if I run it manually. I have deleted
    and re-added the policy, copied from a known working nbu 4 sql policy...etc..all
    to no avail. I have also run standard baseline Full backups on the client
    itself. Anyone have any other ideas?

  2. Re: NBU5.1MP6 for SQL - Full Backup Schedule

    Bill wrote, in part, on 3/22/2007 10:38 AM:
    > Have recently setup 2 additional sql servers using the Netbackup agent and
    > created a Full, incremental and transaction log schedules. The TRANS and
    > INCR run fine via the scheduler. The FULL schedule however will not kick
    > off within its window. It runs fine if I run it manually. I have deleted
    > and re-added the policy, copied from a known working nbu 4 sql policy...etc..all
    > to no avail. I have also run standard baseline Full backups on the client
    > itself. Anyone have any other ideas?

    What is "TRANS"?!

    In the least, we'd need to know a lot more about your Full schedules
    (frequency/calendar, windows and settings).

    cheers, wayne

  3. Re: NBU5.1MP6 for SQL - Full Backup Schedule

    Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >Bill wrote, in part, on 3/22/2007 10:38 AM:
    >> Have recently setup 2 additional sql servers using the Netbackup agent

    and
    >> created a Full, incremental and transaction log schedules. The TRANS

    and
    >> INCR run fine via the scheduler. The FULL schedule however will not kick
    >> off within its window. It runs fine if I run it manually. I have deleted
    >> and re-added the policy, copied from a known working nbu 4 sql policy...etc..all
    >> to no avail. I have also run standard baseline Full backups on the client
    >> itself. Anyone have any other ideas?

    >What is "TRANS"?!
    >
    >In the least, we'd need to know a lot more about your Full schedules
    >(frequency/calendar, windows and settings).
    >
    >cheers, wayne

    TRANS is the policy name I have given to the SQL jobs that are capturing
    the transaction logs. As far as the Full schedule goes, it is on a frequency
    based setup. It is on the Automatic Backup schedule set from 6pm to Midnight
    on Wednesdays. This is a Windows 2003 server. The policy type is MS-SQL-Server.

+ Reply to Thread