can't install client on WinNT - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on can't install client on WinNT - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to install the netbackup 6.0 client on our WindowsNT machines and it fails with an error 2755 - unexpected error 1631. It isn't machine specific as I tried numerous NT machines and got the same error. I ...

  1. can't install client on WinNT

    I am trying to install the netbackup 6.0 client on our WindowsNT machines
    and it fails with an error 2755 - unexpected error 1631. It isn't machine
    specific as I tried numerous NT machines and got the same error. I tried
    uninstalling the 5.1 client, stopping the services, reinstalling the Windows
    Installer, etc. and nothing works. Any ideas?

  2. Re: can't install client on WinNT

    in article 4601a393@ROSASTDMZ05., Tina at tina_buechner@southwire.com wrote
    on 3/21/07 2:28 PM:

    > I am trying to install the netbackup 6.0 client on our WindowsNT machines
    > and it fails with an error 2755 - unexpected error 1631. It isn't machine
    > specific as I tried numerous NT machines and got the same error. I tried
    > uninstalling the 5.1 client, stopping the services, reinstalling the Windows
    > Installer, etc. and nothing works. Any ideas?

    Yes NB support for NT ended with version 5. A 5.x client will work with a
    6.0 server however.

  3. Re: can't install client on WinNT

    Hi Tina,

    NBU v6.0 is not supported on WinNT4. However, you should be able to install
    NBU client v5.x on WinNT4 and backup to v6.0 Media (and Master) servers.

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "Tina" wrote in message

    > I am trying to install the netbackup 6.0 client on our WindowsNT machines
    > and it fails with an error 2755 - unexpected error 1631. It isn't
    > machine
    > specific as I tried numerous NT machines and got the same error. I tried
    > uninstalling the 5.1 client, stopping the services, reinstalling the
    > Windows
    > Installer, etc. and nothing works. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread