Run inventory by script - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Run inventory by script - Veritas Net Backup ; The restore operation is assumed by 2 employees. They have access to Admin Console for inventory operation. Today, the number of employees is up to 5. How can i do, to limit access to admin console for inventory operation ? ...

  1. Run inventory by script

    The restore operation is assumed by 2 employees. They have access to Admin
    Console for inventory operation.
    Today, the number of employees is up to 5.

    How can i do, to limit access to admin console for inventory operation ?
    This operation is scriptable ? I'v tried to do this, but too dll's files
    must be copied to the operator's workstation.

    If it possible, don't say me "VxSS" :-)

    Thanks

  2. Re: Run inventory by script

    If you are asking how to restrict access or authorize specific netbackup
    functions per user login:

    For NetBackup java admin GUI console, you would modify:
    /usar/openv/java/auth.conf

    See:
    http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/241668.htm

    The authorization setup is discussed (format, values and such) in NetBackup
    System Admin Vol. I (at least for v5.1)

    "anthony" wrote:

    >The restore operation is assumed by 2 employees. They have access to Admin
    >Console for inventory operation.
    >Today, the number of employees is up to 5.
    >
    >How can i do, to limit access to admin console for inventory operation ?
    >This operation is scriptable ? I'v tried to do this, but too dll's files
    >must be copied to the operator's workstation.
    >
    >If it possible, don't say me "VxSS" :-)
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread