Netbackup 6MP4, SSO & NDMP - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup 6MP4, SSO & NDMP - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to configure NB6 MP4 with SSO for 2 drives on a Win2003 server. The NDMP device also needs to be use the tape drives (FC connected) (I do not want to dedicate a tape drive solely to ...

  1. Netbackup 6MP4, SSO & NDMP

    I am trying to configure NB6 MP4 with SSO for 2 drives on a Win2003 server.
    The NDMP device also needs to be use the tape drives (FC connected) (I do
    not want to dedicate a tape drive solely to the NDMP device) and am trying
    to see if I can use SSO to share the drive so LAN clients and the NDMP device
    (SAN) can both use the tape drives.
    Is this possible?

  2. Re: Netbackup 6MP4, SSO & NDMP

    "Cyrus" wrote:

    >I am trying to configure NB6 MP4 with SSO for 2 drives on a Win2003 server.
    >The NDMP device also needs to be use the tape drives (FC connected) (I

    do
    >not want to dedicate a tape drive solely to the NDMP device) and am trying
    >to see if I can use SSO to share the drive so LAN clients and the NDMP device
    >(SAN) can both use the tape drives.
    >Is this possible?

    This should not be a problem. Just make sure you have the NDMP license.
    That will give you SSO for the NDMP device only. No need to go out and
    additionally buy an SSO license in that setup.

+ Reply to Thread