Duplication broken after upgrade to 6.0 w/MP4 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Duplication broken after upgrade to 6.0 w/MP4 - Veritas Net Backup ; Manual duplication worked fine while on 5.1 MP3. However, once upgradeded to 6.0 MP4, duplication gets stuck at "begin reading" after many hours.. nothing changed.. finally ends with either status 191 or 50 Any help will be greatly appreciated tape ...

  1. Duplication broken after upgrade to 6.0 w/MP4

    Manual duplication worked fine while on 5.1 MP3. However, once upgradeded
    to 6.0 MP4, duplication gets stuck at "begin reading" after many hours..
    nothing changed.. finally ends with either status 191 or 50

    Any help will be greatly appreciated

    tape device:
    Autoloader with two UltriumII drives
    configured as one storage unit.

  2. Re: Duplication broken after upgrade to 6.0 w/MP4

    Hi Huey

    191 is being caused, if there is no image available... This looks to me, if
    there are images, like a wrong command usage.
    We have had the same issue and wrote a work-araound to use policies with
    start- and end-date.

    Also, bpduplicate changed a bit between 5.1 and 6.0... Take a look into the
    new "features" in the NBU Unix Command Line Guides and try that command out
    first before using it in scripts.

    Also: the status in Activity Monitor does not change during the duplicate.
    The results of the duplicates are correct...

    Greez, Mike

    "Huey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Manual duplication worked fine while on 5.1 MP3. However, once upgradeded
    > to 6.0 MP4, duplication gets stuck at "begin reading" after many hours..
    > nothing changed.. finally ends with either status 191 or 50
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated
    >
    > tape device:
    > Autoloader with two UltriumII drives
    > configured as one storage unit.