Oracle RMAN backup failure - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Oracle RMAN backup failure - Veritas Net Backup ; Our Oracle DBA is saying something is wrong with netbackup becuase a backup is receiving the following error when running sbttest: cltsunp00[CRDLGCYP]> sbttest test.log The sbt function pointers are loaded from libobk.so library. Return code -1 from sbtinit, bsercoer = ...

  1. Oracle RMAN backup failure

    Our Oracle DBA is saying something is wrong with netbackup becuase a backup
    is receiving the following error when running sbttest:

    cltsunp00[CRDLGCYP]> sbttest test.log
    The sbt function pointers are loaded from libobk.so library.
    Return code -1 from sbtinit, bsercoer = 4110, bsercerrno = 0
    Message 4110 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=SBT

    According to our DBA the libobk.so.1 is softlinked. I cannot find anything
    else it could possibly be.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Oracle RMAN backup failure

    I'd run NetBackup's "oracle_link" script on the box.

    cheers, wayne

    Ryan wrote, in part, on 3/13/2007 12:28 PM:
    > Our Oracle DBA is saying something is wrong with netbackup becuase a backup
    > is receiving the following error when running sbttest:
    >
    > cltsunp00[CRDLGCYP]> sbttest test.log
    > The sbt function pointers are loaded from libobk.so library.
    > Return code -1 from sbtinit, bsercoer = 4110, bsercerrno = 0
    > Message 4110 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=SBT
    >
    > According to our DBA the libobk.so.1 is softlinked. I cannot find anything
    > else it could possibly be.

  3. Re: Oracle RMAN backup failure

    Which oracle_link script are you referring to?

    Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >I'd run NetBackup's "oracle_link" script on the box.
    >
    >cheers, wayne
    >
    >Ryan wrote, in part, on 3/13/2007 12:28 PM:
    >> Our Oracle DBA is saying something is wrong with netbackup becuase a backup
    >> is receiving the following error when running sbttest:
    >>
    >> cltsunp00[CRDLGCYP]> sbttest test.log
    >> The sbt function pointers are loaded from libobk.so library.
    >> Return code -1 from sbtinit, bsercoer = 4110, bsercerrno = 0
    >> Message 4110 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=SBT
    >>
    >> According to our DBA the libobk.so.1 is softlinked. I cannot find anything
    >> else it could possibly be.

  4. Re: Oracle RMAN backup failure

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/oracle_link

    Ryan wrote:
    > Which oracle_link script are you referring to?
    >
    > Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >> I'd run NetBackup's "oracle_link" script on the box.

  5. Re: Oracle RMAN backup failure

    That one included by the NBU Oracle client...

    You may also check out the following file to be there (and needed^^):
    ${ORACLE_HOME}/920_64/lib/libobk.so ->
    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.so64.1

    If not, you should try to reinstall NBU Oracle Agent on the client...

    Greez, Mike

    "W. T. Smith" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/oracle_link
    >
    > Ryan wrote:
    >> Which oracle_link script are you referring to?
    >>
    >> Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >>> I'd run NetBackup's "oracle_link" script on the box.

+ Reply to Thread