Client install (Solaris 10 Zones) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Client install (Solaris 10 Zones) - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, I'm trying to install NBU 5.0 MP4 on a Solaris 10 Server w/ Zones. 1 Global , 2 Non-Global zones. I follow the step by step instruction provided by Veritas (Doc ID: 275107), but on the # ls -al ...

  1. Client install (Solaris 10 Zones)

    Hello,

    I'm trying to install NBU 5.0 MP4 on a Solaris 10 Server w/ Zones. 1 Global
    , 2 Non-Global zones.

    I follow the step by step instruction provided by Veritas (Doc ID: 275107),
    but on the # ls -al /nonglobdir/openv command on the non-global server i
    get the error " No such file or directory" when what i should see is something
    like this

    # ls -al /nonglobdir/openv
    total 32
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root bin 512 Aug 18 15:23 ./
    drwxr-xr-x 18 root bin 512 Aug 18 15:30 ..

    On the document it said that you have to create the /usr/openv dir prior
    to the NBU installation, but when i try to do this i get and error that the
    file system is read-only .

    Can any one explain to me how exactly we can install the client?

    Thanks

    JP

  2. Re: Client install (Solaris 10 Zones)

    Don't worry people I just finish the installation and everyting is working
    OK.

    "jp" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I'm trying to install NBU 5.0 MP4 on a Solaris 10 Server w/ Zones. 1 Global
    >, 2 Non-Global zones.
    >
    >I follow the step by step instruction provided by Veritas (Doc ID: 275107),
    >but on the # ls -al /nonglobdir/openv command on the non-global server i
    >get the error " No such file or directory" when what i should see is something
    >like this
    >
    ># ls -al /nonglobdir/openv
    >total 32
    >drwxr-xr-x 9 root bin 512 Aug 18 15:23 ./
    >drwxr-xr-x 18 root bin 512 Aug 18 15:30 ..
    >
    >On the document it said that you have to create the /usr/openv dir prior
    >to the NBU installation, but when i try to do this i get and error that

    the
    >file system is read-only .
    >
    >Can any one explain to me how exactly we can install the client?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >JP

+ Reply to Thread