DST - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on DST - Veritas Net Backup ; Has anyone seen Netbackup 6.0 MP3 on Windows scheduling jobs one hour early since the clocks went forward? This is on a properly patched MS Windows Server 2003 server. As soon as the Vault job finishes this morning, the plan ...

  1. DST

    Has anyone seen Netbackup 6.0 MP3 on Windows scheduling jobs one hour early
    since the clocks went forward? This is on a properly patched MS Windows Server
    2003 server. As soon as the Vault job finishes this morning, the plan is
    to restart the services on the master and media servers.

  2. Re: DST

    Yeah.... the time on my boxes are correct, but the jobs ran, or at least shown
    to have run, an hour earlier than scheduled. Don't know what the deal is.

    "Doug" wrote:

    >Has anyone seen Netbackup 6.0 MP3 on Windows scheduling jobs one hour early
    >since the clocks went forward? This is on a properly patched MS Windows

    Server
    >2003 server. As soon as the Vault job finishes this morning, the plan is
    >to restart the services on the master and media servers.

  3. Re: DST

    The real issue here turns out to be the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version
    1.4.0 used to run the Java based Netbackup Administrator Console. It is resolved
    with http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286497.htm
    Doug

    "Doug" wrote:

    >Has anyone seen Netbackup 6.0 MP3 on Windows scheduling jobs one hour early
    >since the clocks went forward? This is on a properly patched MS Windows

    Server
    >2003 server. As soon as the Vault job finishes this morning, the plan is
    >to restart the services on the master and media servers.

  4. Re: DST

    It worked beautifully!
    Thank you, Doug!!

    "Doug" wrote:

    >The real issue here turns out to be the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version
    >1.4.0 used to run the Java based Netbackup Administrator Console. It is

    resolved
    >with http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286497.htm
    >Doug
    >

    >"Doug" wrote:
    >>
    >>Has anyone seen Netbackup 6.0 MP3 on Windows scheduling jobs one hour early
    >>since the clocks went forward? This is on a properly patched MS Windows

    >Server
    >>2003 server. As soon as the Vault job finishes this morning, the plan is
    >>to restart the services on the master and media servers.

+ Reply to Thread