Adding New Media server to Master & clients - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Adding New Media server to Master & clients - Veritas Net Backup ; Does anyone know of a fast way to update the bp.conf file on several clients to add a new media server?...

  1. Adding New Media server to Master & clients

    Does anyone know of a fast way to update the bp.conf file on several clients
    to add a new media server?

  2. Re: Adding New Media server to Master & clients

    It's not a big deal to script the Unix clients.

    But I didn't find a way to do this for Windows clients w/o telnet server

    A somewhat better way of doing this is using keyboard shortcuts

    start->run
    nbwin
    alt-f -> p
    type name
    alt-a
    type first letter of host name
    alt-M

    this may be fast with practice

    "jkuner02" wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a fast way to update the bp.conf file on several clients
    >to add a new media server?

  3. Re: Adding New Media server to Master & clients

    oh yah don't forget

    start->run
    ping mastersrv

    while you're at it

    "chan" wrote:

    >It's not a big deal to script the Unix clients.
    >
    >But I didn't find a way to do this for Windows clients w/o telnet server
    >
    >A somewhat better way of doing this is using keyboard shortcuts
    >
    >start->run
    >nbwin
    >alt-f -> p
    >type name
    >alt-a
    >type first letter of host name
    >alt-M
    >
    >this may be fast with practice
    >

    >"jkuner02" wrote:
    >>
    >>Does anyone know of a fast way to update the bp.conf file on several clients
    >>to add a new media server?

  4. Re: Adding New Media server to Master & clients

    All my servers are Unix
    "chan" wrote:

    >oh yah don't forget
    >
    >start->run
    >ping mastersrv
    >
    >while you're at it
    >
    >"chan" wrote:
    >>
    >>It's not a big deal to script the Unix clients.
    >>
    >>But I didn't find a way to do this for Windows clients w/o telnet server
    >>
    >>A somewhat better way of doing this is using keyboard shortcuts
    >>
    >>start->run
    >>nbwin
    >>alt-f -> p
    >>type name
    >>alt-a
    >>type first letter of host name
    >>alt-M
    >>
    >>this may be fast with practice
    >>

    >>"jkuner02" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know of a fast way to update the bp.conf file on several clients
    >>>to add a new media server?

  5. Re: Adding New Media server to Master & clients

    From your master, the command "add_media_server_on_client" will synchronize
    the server list from the master server to all known clients.

    To have more control, you can use the command bpsetconfig.

    Read the "Netbackup Commands" pdf to have details on these commands.

    Marc

    "jkuner02" wrote:

    >All my servers are Unix
    >"chan" wrote:
    >>
    >>oh yah don't forget
    >>
    >>start->run
    >>ping mastersrv
    >>
    >>while you're at it
    >>
    >>"chan" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>It's not a big deal to script the Unix clients.
    >>>
    >>>But I didn't find a way to do this for Windows clients w/o telnet server
    >>>
    >>>A somewhat better way of doing this is using keyboard shortcuts
    >>>
    >>>start->run
    >>>nbwin
    >>>alt-f -> p
    >>>type name