LTO2 Cleaning tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on LTO2 Cleaning tape - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, i have Storage TEk L20 library with IBM LTO2 drive in it , i want to clean the drive , so i bought LTO2 Cleaning tape , i put it in the library and let NETBACKUP detect it , ...

  1. LTO2 Cleaning tape

    Hello,
    i have Storage TEk L20 library with IBM LTO2 drive in it , i want to clean
    the drive , so i bought LTO2 Cleaning tape , i put it in the library and
    let NETBACKUP detect it , it detected it as HCART2 type , i tried to make
    its type to be LTO2 Cleaning tape , but i didn't find this type , i found
    only DLT cleaning type , when i select it , the cleaning sure fails , so
    what to do ?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: LTO2 Cleaning tape

    For NetBackup Enterprise Server v5.1 MP :

    The media type should be defined as hcart2_clean, numerically that is 15.
    Also, add it to the None volume pool. Don't forget to set max. cleanings
    to 50 (typical) or whatever is the cleaning tape manufacturer recommened
    amount.

    Since I don't have barcode labels for cleaning tapes (They end with an "CLN"),

    I just use an LTO2 barcode (ending with "L2")

    Example: (provided cleaning tape is already defined in NetBackup)

    Changing media type -

    # vmchange -h mymaster -new_mt hcart2_clean -m 000345

    If not Netbackup Enterpise Server, then use "hcart_clean" in above example.

    Changing volume pool -

    # vmchange -h mymaster4 -p None -m 000345

    Changing max mounts or number of cleanings -

    # vmchange -h mymaster4 -m 000345 -n 50

    "Tarek Atef" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >i have Storage TEk L20 library with IBM LTO2 drive in it , i want to clean
    >the drive , so i bought LTO2 Cleaning tape , i put it in the library and
    >let NETBACKUP detect it , it detected it as HCART2 type , i tried to make
    >its type to be LTO2 Cleaning tape , but i didn't find this type , i found
    >only DLT cleaning type , when i select it , the cleaning sure fails , so
    >what to do ?
    >
    >Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread