first backup stream failed with status 13 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on first backup stream failed with status 13 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, This problem only occurs on a media server that is backing up itself and it only on the first stream. I've tried changing the order of the backup selection to no avail, e.g backup list C:, D:, E: ...

  1. first backup stream failed with status 13

    Hi all,
    This problem only occurs on a media server that is backing up itself and
    it only on the first stream.
    I've tried changing the order of the backup selection to no avail, e.g backup
    list C:, D:, E: would result in a failed C:, backup list D:, E:, C: would
    resulted in a failed D:.
    Even if backing up only one disk it would still fails.
    The job will fail as soon as it runs, so I don't think there is any time-out
    issue.
    Currently I've disabled the multi-streaming and it worked fine but it's really
    stretching the backup window.
    I'm using NB 5.0 MP5 on windows server 2003.
    Anyone ever encountered this problem?

    Regards,
    Hendry Vinton

  2. Re: first backup stream failed with status 13

    I don't have a definitive answer. I'm sure you've read this

    I suggest looking at bpbkar logs on client and bpdbm/bptm/bpbrm on server

    "Hendry Vinton" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >This problem only occurs on a media server that is backing up itself and
    >it only on the first stream.
    >I've tried changing the order of the backup selection to no avail, e.g backup
    >list C:, D:, E: would result in a failed C:, backup list D:, E:, C: would
    >resulted in a failed D:.
    >Even if backing up only one disk it would still fails.
    >The job will fail as soon as it runs, so I don't think there is any time-out
    >issue.
    >Currently I've disabled the multi-streaming and it worked fine but it's

    really
    >stretching the backup window.
    >I'm using NB 5.0 MP5 on windows server 2003.
    >Anyone ever encountered this problem?
    >
    >Regards,
    >Hendry Vinton

  3. Re: first backup stream failed with status 13

    Hi Chan,

    Thanks for replying. I've solved the problem, apparently there is a problem
    with the NIC. After replacement everything runs fine.

    Regards,
    Hendry Vinton

    "Chan" wrote:

    >I don't have a definitive answer. I'm sure you've read this
    >
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275189.htm
    >
    >I suggest looking at bpbkar logs on client and bpdbm/bptm/bpbrm on server
    >
    >"Hendry Vinton" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi all,
    >>This problem only occurs on a media server that is backing up itself and
    >>it only on the first stream.
    >>I've tried changing the order of the backup selection to no avail, e.g

    backup
    >>list C:, D:, E: would result in a failed C:, backup list D:, E:, C: would
    >>resulted in a failed D:.
    >>Even if backing up only one disk it would still fails.
    >>The job will fail as soon as it runs, so I don't think there is any time-out
    >>issue.
    >>Currently I've disabled the multi-streaming and it worked fine but it's

    >really
    >>stretching the backup window.
    >>I'm using NB 5.0 MP5 on windows server 2003.
    >>Anyone ever encountered this problem?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Hendry Vinton

+ Reply to Thread