NOM Alerts - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NOM Alerts - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, Anyone using Netbackup Operations Manager? I'm running it with MP4 (connecting to an MP4 master server) and want to setup an alert for a specific backup job. What I want to do is alert if the job ends with ...

  1. NOM Alerts

    Hi,

    Anyone using Netbackup Operations Manager? I'm running it with MP4 (connecting
    to an MP4 master server) and want to setup an alert for a specific backup
    job. What I want to do is alert if the job ends with a status code other
    than 0 or 1. However, you only seem to be able to set one status code in
    the alert, or select all (in which case it alerts every time the job ends).
    Anyone know if you can specify a range of ports? Tried "2-902" but this
    results in random alerts appearing...

    Any help appreciated.

    Craig

  2. Re: NOM Alerts

    Hi Craig,

    I've contacted Netbackup about their crummy alerts with NOM. Their response
    is to go to their update/enhancement web site and make a suggestion.

    "Craig Gardiner" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone using Netbackup Operations Manager? I'm running it with MP4
    > (connecting
    > to an MP4 master server) and want to setup an alert for a specific backup
    > job. What I want to do is alert if the job ends with a status code other
    > than 0 or 1. However, you only seem to be able to set one status code in
    > the alert, or select all (in which case it alerts every time the job
    > ends).
    > Anyone know if you can specify a range of ports? Tried "2-902" but this
    > results in random alerts appearing...
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Craig

+ Reply to Thread