upgrade from 4.5FP to 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on upgrade from 4.5FP to 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup ; in article 45cd21c7@ROSASTDMZ05., Chris at onexccess@yahoo.com wrote on 2/9/07 5:37 PM: > > I am plaining to up grade from 4.5 to 6.0, any one know why Veritas/Symantec > want me to go from 4.5 to 5.1 then 5.1 to ...

  1. Re: upgrade from 4.5FP to 6.0

    in article 45cd21c7@ROSASTDMZ05., Chris at onexccess@yahoo.com wrote on
    2/9/07 5:37 PM:

    > I am plaining to up grade from 4.5 to 6.0, any one know why Veritas/Symantec
    > want me to go from 4.5 to 5.1 then 5.1 to 6.0 ? also if I had do bpcatarch
    > in the pass to archives the catalogs, should I bpcatres to restore back
    > the catalogs before the upgrade ?

    Because the upgrade process only supports an upgrade from the previous major
    release.

    I don't know the answer to your second question.

  2. upgrade from 4.5FP to 6.0

    I am plaining to up grade from 4.5 to 6.0, any one know why Veritas/Symantec
    want me to go from 4.5 to 5.1 then 5.1 to 6.0 ? also if I had do bpcatarch
    in the pass to archives the catalogs, should I bpcatres to restore back
    the catalogs before the upgrade ?

+ Reply to Thread