Oracle backups disappeared? File system backups fine - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Oracle backups disappeared? File system backups fine - Veritas Net Backup ; in article 45ca2c68@ROSASTDMZ05., Michael Dickerson at michael.dickerson@energyunited.com wrote on 2/7/07 11:45 AM: > > Recently, our catalog only has a record of Oracle backups from 02/01/07, > despite > the fact that Oracle backup jobs did complete successfully (and were ...

  1. Re: Oracle backups disappeared? File system backups fine

    in article 45ca2c68@ROSASTDMZ05., Michael Dickerson at
    michael.dickerson@energyunited.com wrote on 2/7/07 11:45 AM:

    > Recently, our catalog only has a record of Oracle backups from 02/01/07,
    > despite
    > the fact that Oracle backup jobs did complete successfully (and were relocated
    > to tape via disk staging) prior to this timeframe.
    >
    > Our file system backups from both Windows and Unix are functioning properly
    > and go all the way back to the time period the system was implemented (2004).
    >

    > Does anyone know of a possible cause for this? I understand that I provided
    > limited information, but the fact that Oracle backups are only showing since
    > the beginning of the month leads me to believe something happened a month-end.
    > Perhaps a common setting or script issue?
    >
    > We are running NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP5

    Is the retention for this policy set to one week?

  2. Oracle backups disappeared? File system backups fine

    Recently, our catalog only has a record of Oracle backups from 02/01/07, despite
    the fact that Oracle backup jobs did complete successfully (and were relocated
    to tape via disk staging) prior to this timeframe.

    Our file system backups from both Windows and Unix are functioning properly
    and go all the way back to the time period the system was implemented (2004).

    Does anyone know of a possible cause for this? I understand that I provided
    limited information, but the fact that Oracle backups are only showing since
    the beginning of the month leads me to believe something happened a month-end.
    Perhaps a common setting or script issue?

    We are running NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP5

  3. Re: Oracle backups disappeared? File system backups fine

    ps wrote:
    >in article 45ca2c68@ROSASTDMZ05., Michael Dickerson at
    >michael.dickerson@energyunited.com wrote on 2/7/07 11:45 AM:
    >

    >> Recently, our catalog only has a record of Oracle backups from 02/01/07,
    >> despite
    >> the fact that Oracle backup jobs did complete successfully (and were relocated
    >> to tape via disk staging) prior to this timeframe.
    >>
    >> Our file system backups from both Windows and Unix are functioning properly
    >> and go all the way back to the time period the system was implemented

    (2004).

    >> Does anyone know of a possible cause for this? I understand that I provided
    >> limited information, but the fact that Oracle backups are only showing

    since
    >> the beginning of the month leads me to believe something happened a month-end.
    >> Perhaps a common setting or script issue?
    >>
    >> We are running NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP5

    >Is the retention for this policy set to one week?

    There are various retentions set for this policy -- a daily, weekly and yearly.
    The daily is set to 1 week, the weekly is set to 1 month and the yearly has
    an infinite retention.

  4. Re: Oracle backups disappeared? File system backups fine

    Michael,
    What command/reporting are you using to check for these backups?

    - RK

    "Michael Dickerson" wrote:

    >Recently, our catalog only has a record of Oracle backups from 02/01/07,

    despite
    >the fact that Oracle backup jobs did complete successfully (and were relocated
    >to tape via disk staging) prior to this timeframe.
    >
    >Our file system backups from both Windows and Unix are functioning properly
    >and go all the way back to the time period the system was implemented (2004).
    >

    >Does anyone know of a possible cause for this? I understand that I provided
    >limited information, but the fact that Oracle backups are only showing since
    >the beginning of the month leads me to believe something happened a month-end.
    >Perhaps a common setting or script issue?
    >
    >We are running NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP5

+ Reply to Thread