Minimum Systems Requirements to install NBU 5.1 with HW SUN - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Minimum Systems Requirements to install NBU 5.1 with HW SUN - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm looking for HW minimum system requirements in order to upgrade NBU 4.5 to 5.1 with SUN/Solaris platform and I couldn't open the Manuals (?). Someone have this info?...

  1. Minimum Systems Requirements to install NBU 5.1 with HW SUN

    I'm looking for HW minimum system requirements in order to upgrade NBU 4.5
    to 5.1 with SUN/Solaris platform and I couldn't open the Manuals (?). Someone
    have this info?

  2. Re: Minimum Systems Requirements to install NBU 5.1 with HW SUN

    minimum is 512MB/reasonably fast CPU, hardware that works with the OS/drivers,
    etc.

    "Sergio" wrote:

    >I'm looking for HW minimum system requirements in order to upgrade NBU 4.5
    >to 5.1 with SUN/Solaris platform and I couldn't open the Manuals (?). Someone
    >have this info?

  3. Re: Minimum Systems Requirements to install NBU 5.1 with HW SUN

    First of all, Thanks Chan for your answer.
    Yes, I'm agrre with you about RAM, but I'm need to know specificly with SUNSPARC
    model as minimum (HBAs I obtain in HCL). Do you know it?, in SCL only appears
    SUNSparc as generic

    "Chan" wrote:

    >minimum is 512MB/reasonably fast CPU, hardware that works with the OS/drivers,
    >etc.
    >
    >"Sergio" wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm looking for HW minimum system requirements in order to upgrade NBU

    4.5
    >>to 5.1 with SUN/Solaris platform and I couldn't open the Manuals (?).

    Someone
    >>have this info?

  4. Re: Minimum Systems Requirements to install NBU 5.1 with HW SUN

    I take that to mean Solaris 8 and what it will run on. In that case, I think
    SparcStation 10 would do (32 or 64 bit ok). I'm I going low enough?

    But why looking at minimum when having something like this? You do need
    to reboot to fix things and depending on your patience, you may want a newer
    machine that can boot quickly. Why 5.1 which basically limits you to Sol
    8/9. Not sure about 10.

    Sol 10 has cool features. You know the improved networking stack in Sol
    10 and NetBackup 6.0 could shuttle your backup data quicker...using a dual
    cpu machine too would help.

    "Sergio" wrote:

    >First of all, Thanks Chan for your answer.
    >Yes, I'm agrre with you about RAM, but I'm need to know specificly with

    SUNSPARC
    >model as minimum (HBAs I obtain in HCL). Do you know it?, in SCL only

    appears
    >SUNSparc as generic
    >

    >"Chan" wrote:
    >>
    >>minimum is 512MB/reasonably fast CPU, hardware that works with the OS/drivers,
    >>etc.
    >>
    >>"Sergio" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I'm looking for HW minimum system requirements in order to upgrade NBU

    >4.5
    >>>to 5.1 with SUN/Solaris platform and I couldn't open the Manuals (?).

    >Someone
    >>>have this info?

  5. Re: Minimum Systems Requirements to install NBU 5.1 with HW SUN

    Good answer Chan, my particular issue is to dimenssion the SUN HW, but as
    you think. if NBU 4.5 run ok in the actual server so with more RAM its enaugh
    for NBU 5.1.

    Thanks a lot

    "Chan" wrote:

    >I take that to mean Solaris 8 and what it will run on. In that case, I

    think
    >SparcStation 10 would do (32 or 64 bit ok). I'm I going low enough?
    >
    >But why looking at minimum when having something like this? You do need
    >to reboot to fix things and depending on your patience, you may want a newer
    >machine that can boot quickly. Why 5.1 which basically limits you to Sol
    >8/9. Not sure about 10.
    >
    >Sol 10 has cool features. You know the improved networking stack in Sol
    >10 and NetBackup 6.0 could shuttle your backup data quicker...using a dual
    >cpu machine too would help.
    >

    >"Sergio" wrote:
    >>
    >>First of all, Thanks Chan for your answer.
    >>Yes, I'm agrre with you about RAM, but I'm need to know specificly with

    >SUNSPARC
    >>model as minimum (HBAs I obtain in HCL). Do you know it?, in SCL only

    >appears
    >>SUNSparc as generic
    >>

    >>"Chan" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>minimum is 512MB/reasonably fast CPU, hardware that works with the OS/drivers,
    >>>etc.

    >>4.5

    >>Someone

+ Reply to Thread