how to just get the retention level in command line for the schedule - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on how to just get the retention level in command line for the schedule - Veritas Net Backup ; I have 753 schedules within 293 policies. I need to somehow to extract out the retention level of each schedule by using the bpplsched command. I need to save the value and put into a file containing policyname, schedulename and ...

  1. how to just get the retention level in command line for the schedule

    I have 753 schedules within 293 policies. I need to somehow to extract out
    the retention level of each schedule by using the bpplsched command.

    I need to save the value and put into a file containing policyname, schedulename
    and retention level. Any ideas . Thanks.

  2. Re: how to just get the retention level in command line for the schedule

    Assuming your master server is UNIX(Solaris) -

    bppllist -allpolicies -U |egrep '(Policy Name: | Schedule: | Retention Level:
    )'

    or you can extract the information from files under /usr/openv/nebtackup/db/class
    directory

    -RK

    "David Ma" wrote:

    >I have 753 schedules within 293 policies. I need to somehow to extract out
    >the retention level of each schedule by using the bpplsched command.
    >
    >I need to save the value and put into a file containing policyname, schedulename
    >and retention level. Any ideas . Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread