Need to skip locked files on Netware - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Need to skip locked files on Netware - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi All We're using a netbackup witch agents on a Netware cluster. We're seeing very slow backups, and I have a suspiscion that it is due to locked files, and it retries too many times. I found an article in ...

  1. Need to skip locked files on Netware

    Hi All

    We're using a netbackup witch agents on a Netware cluster.
    We're seeing very slow backups, and I have a suspiscion that it is due to
    locked files, and it retries too many times.

    I found an article in the knowledge base that told me to include a line:
    LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP
    in bp.conf

    We do not have a bp.conf on the netware netbackup agent, but there is a bp.ini.
    Should I just include the line in that, and if so, in what section should
    I include it?

    Thanks in advance
    Kenneth

  2. Re: Need to skip locked files on Netware

    "Kenneth Fribert" wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >We're using a netbackup witch agents on a Netware cluster.
    >We're seeing very slow backups, and I have a suspiscion that it is due to
    >locked files, and it retries too many times.
    >
    >I found an article in the knowledge base that told me to include a line:
    >LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP
    >in bp.conf
    >
    >We do not have a bp.conf on the netware netbackup agent, but there is a

    bp.ini.
    >Should I just include the line in that, and if so, in what section should
    >I include it?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Kenneth

    Hi

    If you use the target method for your Netware backups then you load bp.nlm
    on the Netware server and select t) Target Configuration, then you press
    t) again to select correct target service (eg SYS) then s) Selected Target
    Selection List Configuration. Press a) Add selection List Entry and then
    5) Exclude Files.. here you type the files you want to exclude, e.g *.tmp.
    You can also choose to exclude directories, eg sys:\queues

    /Per

  3. Re: Need to skip locked files on Netware

    in article 45c35bfe@ROSASTDMZ05., Per at per.holmgren@sr.se wrote on 2/2/07
    7:42 AM:

    > "Kenneth Fribert" wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> We're using a netbackup witch agents on a Netware cluster.
    >> We're seeing very slow backups, and I have a suspiscion that it is due to
    >> locked files, and it retries too many times.
    >>
    >> I found an article in the knowledge base that told me to include a line:
    >> LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP
    >> in bp.conf
    >>
    >> We do not have a bp.conf on the netware netbackup agent, but there is a

    > bp.ini.
    >> Should I just include the line in that, and if so, in what section should
    >> I include it?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >> Kenneth
    >>

    > Hi
    >
    > If you use the target method for your Netware backups then you load bp.nlm
    > on the Netware server and select t) Target Configuration, then you press
    > t) again to select correct target service (eg SYS) then s) Selected Target
    > Selection List Configuration. Press a) Add selection List Entry and then
    > 5) Exclude Files.. here you type the files you want to exclude, e.g *.tmp.
    > You can also choose to exclude directories, eg sys:\queues
    >
    > /Per

    The question was which section of bp.ini to specify LOCKED_FILE_ACTION on
    Netware.

  4. Re: Need to skip locked files on Netware

    ps wrote:
    >in article 45c35bfe@ROSASTDMZ05., Per at per.holmgren@sr.se wrote on 2/2/07
    >7:42 AM:
    >

    >> "Kenneth Fribert" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi All
    >>>
    >>> We're using a netbackup witch agents on a Netware cluster.
    >>> We're seeing very slow backups, and I have a suspiscion that it is due

    >>> locked files, and it retries too many times.
    >>>
    >>> I found an article in the knowledge base that told me to include a line:
    >>> LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP
    >>> in bp.conf
    >>>
    >>> We do not have a bp.conf on the netware netbackup agent, but there is

    >> bp.ini.
    >>> Should I just include the line in that, and if so, in what section should
    >>> I include it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance
    >>> Kenneth
    >>>

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> If you use the target method for your Netware backups then you load bp.nlm
    >> on the Netware server and select t) Target Configuration, then you press
    >> t) again to select correct target service (eg SYS) then s) Selected Target
    >> Selection List Configuration. Press a) Add selection List Entry and then
    >> 5) Exclude Files.. here you type the files you want to exclude, e.g

    *.tmp.
    >> You can also choose to exclude directories, eg sys:\queues
    >>
    >> /Per
    >>

    >The question was which section of bp.ini to specify LOCKED_FILE_ACTION on
    >Netware.

    And I don't think you can do so on a Netware client, thus my answer.

    /Per

+ Reply to Thread