Moving NetBackup to use new Tape Library - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Moving NetBackup to use new Tape Library - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, Can Anybody give me information, how to do migration from old tape library and tapes to new one? In old library I have tapes with active backups. I have 2 libraries atached to Netbackup evironment. I want to do ...

  1. Moving NetBackup to use new Tape Library

    Hello,
    Can Anybody give me information, how to do migration from old tape library
    and tapes to new one? In old library I have tapes with active backups. I
    have 2 libraries atached to Netbackup evironment. I want to do migration
    of data ftom old LTO1 tapes to a new LTO3 tapes in new library. It means
    copy data from LTO1 tapes to LTO3, in the way, that NetBackup knows, that
    from that moment backup images are on new device and new tapes.

    Maybe you have lik to some guide or artictle which describes such operation,
    or you can give me information what option in Netbackup should I use.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Moving NetBackup to use new Tape Library

    I don't know of an article. I'm sure you could ask Support. The process
    is roughly like this:

    - bpimmedia / listing of backupids on old media
    - bpduplicate -dp $TAPEPOOL -dstunit $DEST_STU -backupid $BID -cn 1

    In a script you could say..

    for image in `bpimmedia -L -media ...`
    do
    bpduplicte ..
    done

    "Klarck" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >Can Anybody give me information, how to do migration from old tape library
    >and tapes to new one? In old library I have tapes with active backups.

    >have 2 libraries atached to Netbackup evironment. I want to do migration
    >of data ftom old LTO1 tapes to a new LTO3 tapes in new library. It means
    >copy data from LTO1 tapes to LTO3, in the way, that NetBackup knows, that
    >from that moment backup images are on new device and new tapes.
    >
    >Maybe you have lik to some guide or artictle which describes such operation,
    >or you can give me information what option in Netbackup should I use.
    >
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread