Max Media Servers per Master - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Max Media Servers per Master - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, Can anyone recommend an upper limit on the number media servers per master? I was thinking of running around 6, maybe 7. Sounds like too many possibly... Many thanks, Ian...

  1. Max Media Servers per Master

    Hi,

    Can anyone recommend an upper limit on the number media servers per master?
    I was thinking of running around 6, maybe 7. Sounds like too many possibly...

    Many thanks,

    Ian

  2. Re: Max Media Servers per Master

    Hi Ian,

    If the master will not also be functioning as a media server (i.e. if it
    will be a dedicated master), then I'd say 20+ media servers for a modern
    server.

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "Ian Frith" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend an upper limit on the number media servers per
    > master?
    > I was thinking of running around 6, maybe 7. Sounds like too many
    > possibly...
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Ian

  3. Re: Max Media Servers per Master

    "Ian Frith" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can anyone recommend an upper limit on the number media servers per master?
    >I was thinking of running around 6, maybe 7. Sounds like too many possibly...
    >
    >Many thanks,
    >
    >Ian

    I have an environemt with 16 media servers and it works fine.

  4. Re: Max Media Servers per Master

    "Ian Frith" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can anyone recommend an upper limit on the number media servers per master?
    >I was thinking of running around 6, maybe 7. Sounds like too many possibly...
    >
    >Many thanks,
    >
    >Ian

    Max, you are not even close... you can have much more than that. I have a
    client with 11 Media Servers.. and NBU works cool...

  5. Re: Max Media Servers per Master

    this is a "me too" post. I think I'd ran about 7 media servers on 4.5 Data
    Center.

    I'm holding firm on just one media (also master) in my new environment.

    "Octavio Formoso" wrote:

    >"Ian Frith" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Can anyone recommend an upper limit on the number media servers per master?
    >>I was thinking of running around 6, maybe 7. Sounds like too many possibly...
    >>
    >>Many thanks,
    >>
    >>Ian

    >Max, you are not even close... you can have much more than that. I have

    >client with 11 Media Servers.. and NBU works cool...

+ Reply to Thread