Multiple master servers NB Enterprise 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Multiple master servers NB Enterprise 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, I think that best solution is to add a second media knowing than the traffic is limited between the client and the master. Moreover you have only one catalog to be maintained ! Eric, Après mûre réflexion, SS a ...

  1. Re: Multiple master servers NB Enterprise 6.0

    Après mûre réflexion, SS a écrit :
    > Hi,
    > We currently have one master server (6.0) backing up around 25 servers.
    > We would like to add another master server to share the backups every night.
    > Is it possible to have multiple master servers? Can someone please direct
    > me to the necessary literature to implement this?
    > Thanks in advance
    > Shawn

  2. Multiple master servers NB Enterprise 6.0

    Hi,
    We currently have one master server (6.0) backing up around 25 servers.
    We would like to add another master server to share the backups every night.
    Is it possible to have multiple master servers? Can someone please direct
    me to the necessary literature to implement this?
    Thanks in advance
    Shawn

  3. Re: Multiple master servers NB Enterprise 6.0

    Check that you can add more drives as well on your storage kit, so that the
    you can increase the storage units to share your backups e.g VTL kit.

    Eric Hartmann wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I think that best solution is to add a second media knowing than the
    >traffic is limited between the client and the master.
    >
    >Moreover you have only one catalog to be maintained !
    >
    >Eric,
    >
    >Après mûre réflexion, SS a écrit :
    >> Hi,
    >> We currently have one master server (6.0) backing up around 25 servers.

    >> We would like to add another master server to share the backups every

    night.
    >> Is it possible to have multiple master servers? Can someone please direct
    >> me to the necessary literature to implement this?
    >> Thanks in advance
    >> Shawn

  4. Re: Multiple master servers NB Enterprise 6.0

    You can have only one master server. Additional servers would be installed
    as media servers.

    "SS" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >We currently have one master server (6.0) backing up around 25 servers.

    >We would like to add another master server to share the backups every night.
    > Is it possible to have multiple master servers? Can someone please direct
    >me to the necessary literature to implement this?
    >Thanks in advance
    >Shawn

+ Reply to Thread