bptm parameters - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on bptm parameters - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi Harry, If bptm doesn't respond with anything to: bptm -? or bptm -q then you could try copying the bptm executable to a text file, and then use notepad to open the text file, search for "makedbentry" and look ...

  1. Re: bptm parameters

    Hi Harry,

    If bptm doesn't respond with anything to:
    bptm -?
    or
    bptm -q

    then you could try copying the bptm executable to a text file, and then use
    notepad to open the text file, search for "makedbentry" and look around that
    area of the code, and you might be able to determine the other parameters.
    As to what these parameters do, and how to use them together, well, you
    could end up seriously corrupting your EMM database. My recommendation
    would be to not mess around, unless you have use of a test system that you
    are willing to loose.

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "Harry Bremer" wrote in message

    > To be able to correct problems in the EMM database there is a description
    > in http://support.veritas.com/docs/280202 and
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/280181of
    > the bptm command with some parameters. I wonder, whether there is a
    > complete
    > list of parameters of the bptm command to be able to modify other items in
    > the EMM database.

  2. bptm parameters

    To be able to correct problems in the EMM database there is a description
    in http://support.veritas.com/docs/280202 and http://support.veritas.com/docs/280181of
    the bptm command with some parameters. I wonder, whether there is a complete
    list of parameters of the bptm command to be able to modify other items in
    the EMM database.

+ Reply to Thread