Netbackup of client not working - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup of client not working - Veritas Net Backup ; Installed netbackup 5.1 MP6 on a new client. I ran the policy from the master server which started but no backup is added. Need some advise?...

  1. Netbackup of client not working

    Installed netbackup 5.1 MP6 on a new client. I ran the policy from the master
    server which started but no backup is added. Need some advise?

  2. Re: Netbackup of client not working

    "tclee" wrote:

    >Installed netbackup 5.1 MP6 on a new client. I ran the policy from the master
    >server which started but no backup is added. Need some advise?

    Is the netbackup service started on the client?

  3. Re: Netbackup of client not working

    "SS" wrote:

    >"tclee" wrote:
    >>
    >>Installed netbackup 5.1 MP6 on a new client. I ran the policy from the

    master
    >>server which started but no backup is added. Need some advise?

    >Is the netbackup service started on the client?

    In addition to ensuring the service is started, can you check the logs and
    did you get a successful information after it ran?
    You need to give more info, so people can understand. Your /etc/services
    and /etc/hosts entries as well on the PC you are using to remotely control
    netbackup? Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread