Install Netbackup 6.0 for Oracle Linux suse 9 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Install Netbackup 6.0 for Oracle Linux suse 9 - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.0 Netbackup Linux 32bit Server and Client cd. I would like to install the client only. When I run the installer, a message appears "To install only the netbackup client software locally on this ...

  1. Install Netbackup 6.0 for Oracle Linux suse 9

    I have a Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.0 Netbackup Linux 32bit Server and
    Client cd. I would like to install the client only. When I run the installer,
    a message appears "To install only the netbackup client software locally
    on this machine, insert Netbackup Unix clients cdrom". Ok.
    I installed Netbackup Server 6.0 All Unix Clients, and the choices that I
    have for OS level options are:
    1. IBMzSeriesLinux2.4.21
    2. Redhat2.4
    q to quit. I went ahead and quit. I didn't see anything that said suse
    9. Should I have picked number 1?

    I did a uname -r 2.6.5-97-bigsmp

    Where can I get the netbackup for oracle agent for linux suse 9?

  2. Re: Install Netbackup 6.0 for Oracle Linux suse 9

    Found the agent in the Unix and Linux Options.

    "Nick" wrote:

    >I have a Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.0 Netbackup Linux 32bit Server and
    >Client cd. I would like to install the client only. When I run the installer,
    >a message appears "To install only the netbackup client software locally
    >on this machine, insert Netbackup Unix clients cdrom". Ok.
    >I installed Netbackup Server 6.0 All Unix Clients, and the choices that

    >have for OS level options are:
    >1. IBMzSeriesLinux2.4.21
    >2. Redhat2.4
    >q to quit. I went ahead and quit. I didn't see anything that said suse
    >9. Should I have picked number 1?
    >
    >I did a uname -r 2.6.5-97-bigsmp
    >
    >Where can I get the netbackup for oracle agent for linux suse 9?

  3. Re: Install Netbackup 6.0 for Oracle Linux suse 9

    Could someone tell me if there is a client version of Linux suse 9 or 10 for
    x86?

    "Nick" wrote:

    >I have a Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.0 Netbackup Linux 32bit Server and
    >Client cd. I would like to install the client only. When I run the installer,
    >a message appears "To install only the netbackup client software locally
    >on this machine, insert Netbackup Unix clients cdrom". Ok.
    >I installed Netbackup Server 6.0 All Unix Clients, and the choices that

    >have for OS level options are:
    >1. IBMzSeriesLinux2.4.21
    >2. Redhat2.4
    >q to quit. I went ahead and quit. I didn't see anything that said suse
    >9. Should I have picked number 1?
    >
    >I did a uname -r 2.6.5-97-bigsmp
    >
    >Where can I get the netbackup for oracle agent for linux suse 9?

+ Reply to Thread