Tape Drive & robotic is missing in Windows media server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Tape Drive & robotic is missing in Windows media server - Veritas Net Backup ; Dear expert, I found my SAN shared tape drives and its library robotic can't be detected in my Windows media server after I'm reseting the Library (power cycle) and to detect it I need to restart the servers. I'm looking ...

  1. Tape Drive & robotic is missing in Windows media server

    Dear expert,

    I found my SAN shared tape drives and its library robotic can't be detected
    in my Windows media server after I'm reseting the Library (power cycle) and
    to detect it I need to restart the servers.

    I'm looking whether there is another way rather than rebooting the server
    to redetect my drives and also the robotic ? because it's quite difficult
    to rebooting the server since it's a production system and annoying user
    access.

    Bellow is some information regarding my backup system :

    Backup software : Veritas Netbackup 6.0
    Master Server : SUN machine running solaris 9
    SAN media server : HP machine running Windows 2003
    Library : IBM LTO 3584 L52
    Drives : 4 LTO-3 drives
    SAN switch : Brocade
    HBA card : Emulex
    Tape drive drivers is from veritas.

    As additional information, another SAN media server which is using Solaris
    can detect all drives and library robotic after library reset (power cycle).

    Thanks,
    Gatut

  2. Re: Tape Drive & robotic is missing in Windows media server

    I'm afraid the driver is not a loadable module and started by system.
    In that case you have no choice but reboot.

    Some systems have dynamic loadable modules and you can do a sort of plug
    and play.

    Pretty much your option is working with the library to make reboots less
    frequent.

    "Gatut" wrote:

    >Dear expert,
    >

    >I found my SAN shared tape drives and its library robotic can't be detected
    >in my Windows media server after I'm reseting the Library (power cycle)

    and
    >to detect it I need to restart the servers.
    >
    >I'm looking whether there is another way rather than rebooting the server
    >to redetect my drives and also the robotic ? because it's quite difficult
    >to rebooting the server since it's a production system and annoying user
    >access.
    >
    >Bellow is some information regarding my backup system :
    >
    >Backup software : Veritas Netbackup 6.0
    >Master Server : SUN machine running solaris 9
    >SAN media server : HP machine running Windows 2003
    >Library : IBM LTO 3584 L52
    >Drives : 4 LTO-3 drives
    >SAN switch : Brocade
    >HBA card : Emulex
    >Tape drive drivers is from veritas.
    >
    >As additional information, another SAN media server which is using Solaris
    >can detect all drives and library robotic after library reset (power cycle).
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Gatut

+ Reply to Thread