Adjust SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS on WIndows 2003 x64? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Adjust SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS on WIndows 2003 x64? - Veritas Net Backup ; Does anyone know if you can adjust the installpath\Netbackup\db\config\SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS on a Windows 2003 64 bit O/S? I found that you can't normally adjust this from the default size on Windows 32 bit operating systems, but maybe you can with Windows ...

  1. Adjust SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS on WIndows 2003 x64?

    Does anyone know if you can adjust the

    installpath\Netbackup\db\config\SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS

    on a Windows 2003 64 bit O/S? I found that you can't normally adjust this
    from the default size on Windows 32 bit operating systems, but maybe you
    can with Windows 2003 x64? Also on Linux RedHad Enterprise I found that
    you can adjust this parameter (even on the same hardware), but I would rather
    use Windows.

  2. Re: Adjust SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS on WIndows 2003 x64?

    MS made a change with SP1 of Win 2003 that locks tape IO at 64k blocks
    x64 versions of 2003 include SP1 by default. MS has a hotfix available to
    remove this 64K lock.

    Look for MS KB 907418

    Jim

    "Mathew Burke" wrote in message

    > Does anyone know if you can adjust the
    >
    > installpath\Netbackup\db\config\SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS
    >
    > on a Windows 2003 64 bit O/S? I found that you can't normally adjust this
    > from the default size on Windows 32 bit operating systems, but maybe you
    > can with Windows 2003 x64? Also on Linux RedHad Enterprise I found that
    > you can adjust this parameter (even on the same hardware), but I would
    > rather
    > use Windows.

  3. Re: Adjust SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS on WIndows 2003 x64?

    Wow thanks I will give it a try!

    "Jim Miller" wrote:
    >MS made a change with SP1 of Win 2003 that locks tape IO at 64k blocks
    >x64 versions of 2003 include SP1 by default. MS has a hotfix available to

    >remove this 64K lock.
    >
    >Look for MS KB 907418
    >
    >Jim
    >

    >"Mathew Burke" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if you can adjust the
    >>
    >> installpath\Netbackup\db\config\SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS
    >>
    >> on a Windows 2003 64 bit O/S? I found that you can't normally adjust

    this
    >> from the default size on Windows 32 bit operating systems, but maybe you
    >> can with Windows 2003 x64? Also on Linux RedHad Enterprise I found that
    >> you can adjust this parameter (even on the same hardware), but I would

    >> rather
    >> use Windows.

+ Reply to Thread