Master Sever / Media Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Master Sever / Media Server - Veritas Net Backup ; Sorry to labour this upgrade thing but im new to netbackup In the upgrade installation notes it mentions master server and media server as if they are separate machines and I realise that they may be set up this way. ...

  1. Master Sever / Media Server

    Sorry to labour this upgrade thing but im new to netbackup
    In the upgrade installation notes it mentions master server and media server
    as if they are separate machines and I realise that they may be set up this
    way.
    My media server and master server are on the same server, does this mean
    that when I do the upgrade that I only need to run the upgrade on the master
    server and the media server will be upgraded at the same time?

  2. Re: Master Sever / Media Server

    Yes. The "servers" are the same in terms of directory structures, binaries...

    "Paul Campbell" wrote:

    >Sorry to labour this upgrade thing but im new to netbackup
    >In the upgrade installation notes it mentions master server and media server
    >as if they are separate machines and I realise that they may be set up this
    >way.
    >My media server and master server are on the same server, does this mean
    >that when I do the upgrade that I only need to run the upgrade on the master
    >server and the media server will be upgraded at the same time?

+ Reply to Thread