System Going Unresponsive - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on System Going Unresponsive - Veritas Net Backup ; On our netbackup master server (Netbackup 6.0 MP3) we're seeing the system go unreponsive for 9 minutes at a time. It's a dual-proc 4GB server. RDP sessions freeze and the system appears very busy although there is a gap in ...

  1. System Going Unresponsive

    On our netbackup master server (Netbackup 6.0 MP3) we're seeing the system
    go unreponsive for 9 minutes at a time. It's a dual-proc 4GB server. RDP
    sessions freeze and the system appears very busy although there is a gap
    in my perfmon counters at the time in question. The netbackup processes appear
    to still be functioning OK. Any ideas?

  2. Re: System Going Unresponsive

    Guido, have you checked the other devices and see if there might be a SCSI
    interupt hanging the system. I have heard that this behavior could be caused
    by something running amuck on the system. I hope you get it fixed.

    "Guido Pinamonti" wrote:

    >On our netbackup master server (Netbackup 6.0 MP3) we're seeing the system
    >go unreponsive for 9 minutes at a time. It's a dual-proc 4GB server. RDP
    >sessions freeze and the system appears very busy although there is a gap
    >in my perfmon counters at the time in question. The netbackup processes

    appear
    >to still be functioning OK. Any ideas?

  3. Re: System Going Unresponsive

    Also try Performance Monitor and add Physical Disk counters.
    It can help isolating/identifying the causes.

    If installed correctly, some counters specific to NBU is also available.

    "Jeff Sundin" wrote:

    >Guido, have you checked the other devices and see if there might be a SCSI
    >interupt hanging the system. I have heard that this behavior could be caused
    >by something running amuck on the system. I hope you get it fixed.

    >"Guido Pinamonti" wrote:
    >>
    >>On our netbackup master server (Netbackup 6.0 MP3) we're seeing the system
    >>go unreponsive for 9 minutes at a time. It's a dual-proc 4GB server. RDP
    >>sessions freeze and the system appears very busy although there is a gap
    >>in my perfmon counters at the time in question. The netbackup processes

    >appear
    >>to still be functioning OK. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread