Copy settings - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Copy settings - Veritas Net Backup ; I have setup Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on a test environment to get used to the software. The environment is bare bones and while I do have a library attached, it is not the same library I have on my production ...

  1. Copy settings

    I have setup Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on a test environment to get used to the software.
    The environment is bare bones and while I do have a library attached, it
    is not the same library I have on my production box. I am now planning
    my installation on my production environment and was wondering if there is
    a way to copy policies and schedules from the test environment to the production
    environment. What I was considering doing was to create all my policies
    and schedules on the test environment and then just copy them to production.
    That way I could validate all the stuff in test and not have to take the
    time to do it in production.

    Also, would the same be possible for the DLO environment?

    Thanks
    Greg Pagan

  2. Re: Copy settings

    Not sure if there's a cleaner off-the-shell way of doing it. I wrote scripts.
    For example, the first part is "export", then "import". Lots of work but
    works well.

    #!/bin/sh

    while read policy
    do
    echo $policy `bpplinfo $policy -L | grep 'Disaster Recovery:' | awk '{print
    $NF}'`
    done idr.sav

    #!/bin/sh

    while read policy idr
    do
    bpplinfo $policy -modify -disaster $idr
    done

    "Gregory Pagan" wrote:

    >I have setup Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on a test environment to get used to the

    software.
    > The environment is bare bones and while I do have a library attached, it
    >is not the same library I have on my production box. I am now planning
    >my installation on my production environment and was wondering if there

    is
    >a way to copy policies and schedules from the test environment to the production
    >environment. What I was considering doing was to create all my policies
    >and schedules on the test environment and then just copy them to production.
    > That way I could validate all the stuff in test and not have to take the
    >time to do it in production.
    >
    >Also, would the same be possible for the DLO environment?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Greg Pagan

+ Reply to Thread