disk staging storage unit (DSSU) phase II - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on disk staging storage unit (DSSU) phase II - Veritas Net Backup ; I am currently testing the functionality of a disk staging unit. I have setup the storage unit and can correctly do backups to the DSSU. During the 2nd phase I want to only duplicate (copy) certain backups to a secondary ...

  1. disk staging storage unit (DSSU) phase II

    I am currently testing the functionality of a disk staging unit. I have setup
    the storage unit and can correctly do backups to the DSSU. During the 2nd
    phase I want to only duplicate (copy) certain backups to a secondary source.
    What I'm finding is that I can't pick and choose what gets duplicated during
    the 2nd phase......I just setup a schedule and it copies everything that
    is on the DSSU. Does anyone know of a way to create a bidfile of backups
    that I want duplicated and telling the 2nd phase of disk staging to use that
    bidfile as a list of backups to duplicate?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: disk staging storage unit (DSSU) phase II

    Don't think you can do much as the DSSU functionality seems basic. Suggest
    you generate the BIDs (bpduplicate -PM -cn 1) and do it yourself.

    "Dino" wrote:

    >I am currently testing the functionality of a disk staging unit. I have

    setup
    >the storage unit and can correctly do backups to the DSSU. During the 2nd
    >phase I want to only duplicate (copy) certain backups to a secondary source.
    >What I'm finding is that I can't pick and choose what gets duplicated during
    >the 2nd phase......I just setup a schedule and it copies everything that
    >is on the DSSU. Does anyone know of a way to create a bidfile of backups
    >that I want duplicated and telling the 2nd phase of disk staging to use

    that
    >bidfile as a list of backups to duplicate?
    >
    >Thanks.

  3. Re: disk staging storage unit (DSSU) phase II

    "Chan" wrote:

    >Don't think you can do much as the DSSU functionality seems basic. Suggest
    >you generate the BIDs (bpduplicate -PM -cn 1) and do it yourself.
    >

    >"Dino" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am currently testing the functionality of a disk staging unit. I have

    >setup
    >>the storage unit and can correctly do backups to the DSSU. During the 2nd
    >>phase I want to only duplicate (copy) certain backups to a secondary source.
    >>What I'm finding is that I can't pick and choose what gets duplicated during
    >>the 2nd phase......I just setup a schedule and it copies everything that
    >>is on the DSSU. Does anyone know of a way to create a bidfile of backups
    >>that I want duplicated and telling the 2nd phase of disk staging to use

    >that
    >>bidfile as a list of backups to duplicate?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    Another thing you could do is divide the DSSU into two mount points. Configure
    one as a DSSU and the other as just a disk storage unit. DSSU stands for
    Disk STAGING Storage Unit. If you don't want the STAGING part, don't write
    that backup to a DSSU. Write it to a DSU instead.

+ Reply to Thread