How to migrate Netbackup 5.1MP5 from windows 2003 to IBM AIX? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to migrate Netbackup 5.1MP5 from windows 2003 to IBM AIX? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I had a big problem while migrate my customer's NBU 5.1 catalog from windows 2003 to IBM AIX due to different platform. The bprecover command is not going to work. How could this migration been done in any alternative ...

  1. How to migrate Netbackup 5.1MP5 from windows 2003 to IBM AIX?

    Hi,
    I had a big problem while migrate my customer's NBU 5.1 catalog from windows
    2003 to IBM AIX due to different platform. The bprecover command is not going
    to work. How could this migration been done in any alternative way?
    I couldn't find much on veritas tech note. And ask me to import the images
    from tape is going to kill me.... more than 200 tapes..

  2. Re: How to migrate Netbackup 5.1MP5 from windows 2003 to IBM AIX?

    "kftan" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I had a big problem while migrate my customer's NBU 5.1 catalog from windows
    >2003 to IBM AIX due to different platform. The bprecover command is not

    going
    >to work. How could this migration been done in any alternative way?
    >I couldn't find much on veritas tech note. And ask me to import the images
    >from tape is going to kill me.... more than 200 tapes..

    I've migraged between platforms before. I setup my new server as usual and
    left the old server running for a few months for restores. I then imported
    my monthend tapes. I'll bet most of the 200 tapes will expire in a month
    or two leaving you 10 or 20 to import into the new server.

  3. Re: How to migrate Netbackup 5.1MP5 from windows 2003 to IBM AIX?

    "James M. Byrne" wrote:

    >"kftan" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>I had a big problem while migrate my customer's NBU 5.1 catalog from windows
    >>2003 to IBM AIX due to different platform. The bprecover command is not

    >going
    >>to work. How could this migration been done in any alternative way?
    >>I couldn't find much on veritas tech note. And ask me to import the images
    >>from tape is going to kill me.... more than 200 tapes..

    >I've migraged between platforms before. I setup my new server as usual

    and
    >left the old server running for a few months for restores. I then imported
    >my monthend tapes. I'll bet most of the 200 tapes will expire in a month
    >or two leaving you 10 or 20 to import into the new server.

    The environment is very big, there are more than 50 SAN media servers and
    the policy listing is a very long list. But how can 2 master server running
    in the same environment? I am thinking recover catalog is the easier way
    if i migrate to same OS platform. The tricky part here is migrate from windows
    to AIX unix and I can't find any related document except one from Anders
    J. Tenden (Netbackup database migrate from solaris to windows)

+ Reply to Thread