Generating Detailed Reports - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Generating Detailed Reports - Veritas Net Backup ; I've searched the web for what I think would be a correct phrasing of how to do this, however, I'm getting nothing related to what I'm looking for in return. I need to generate a detailed report listing all files ...

  1. Generating Detailed Reports

    I've searched the web for what I think would be a correct phrasing of how
    to do this, however, I'm getting nothing related to what I'm looking for
    in return.

    I need to generate a detailed report listing all files captured during a
    backup for one of my end users who needs to clear files from their allocated
    storage locations.

    How do I go about generating this type of report? Thanks in advance for
    answering this dummy's question....

    Regards,
    Frank

  2. Re: Generating Detailed Reports

    Hi Frank,

    This might help:

    Example bplist:

    Example1:

    bplist -B -S master1 -C client1 -t 0 -unix_files -l -b -R 999 -s 10/10/2006
    17:00:00:00 -e 10/11/2006 12:00:00 -F

    Example2:

    bplist -B -S master1 -C client1 -k policy1 -t 0 -unix_files -l -b -R 999 -s
    08/04/2006 09:00:00:00 -e 08/30/2006 10:00:00 -F "/folder/folder"

    Notes:

    The bplist command accepts many switches/qualifiers and only one optional
    parameter.

    bplist

    -B List/search backups.

    -S master Specify Master server.

    -C client

    -k policy

    -t 0 Policy type, 0 for standard
    (ie. Unix and VMS), 13 for Windows (PC, NTFS).

    -unix_files Report file names in unix format.

    -l Report format.

    -b Report date/time of start or
    backup job (not the actual backup time), also -c (created) or -u (modified).

    -R n Recurse down 'n' folders.

    -s mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss Since, all date/time fields must
    be specified in full.

    -e mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss Ending/before, all date/time
    fields must be specified in full.

    -F Show when folder names are
    hard/symbolic links by also including an "@" character at the end of the
    file name.

    "/path/name" The folder path or name to search
    for. This is the one and only parameter.

    Other regularly used switches are:

    -I Case insensitive search

    -PI Path independent search, i.e.
    find file name anywhere in the path.

    -c List the file created
    date/time, not the -b backup time or the -u modified time.

    -u List the file modified
    date/time, i.e.not the -b date/time of the start of the backup job, nor
    the -u modified date/time of he file.

    -r List the disk images, not
    the files contained in the images.

    -nt_files List files in Windows based NTFS
    style/layout/

    -keyword "text" List backup/file matching
    the specified keyword.

    -Listseconds Changes the date/time reportd (i.e.
    one of -b -c or -u) to show seconds, date is lost/not shown when this is
    selected.

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "Frank Dixon" wrote in message

    > I've searched the web for what I think would be a correct phrasing of how
    > to do this, however, I'm getting nothing related to what I'm looking for
    > in return.
    >
    > I need to generate a detailed report listing all files captured during a
    > backup for one of my end users who needs to clear files from their
    > allocated
    > storage locations.
    >
    > How do I go about generating this type of report? Thanks in advance for
    > answering this dummy's question....
    >
    > Regards,
    > Frank

  3. Re: Generating Detailed Reports

    "Frank Dixon" wrote:

    >I've searched the web for what I think would be a correct phrasing of how
    >to do this, however, I'm getting nothing related to what I'm looking for
    >in return.
    >
    >I need to generate a detailed report listing all files captured during a
    >backup for one of my end users who needs to clear files from their allocated
    >storage locations.
    >
    >How do I go about generating this type of report? Thanks in advance for
    >answering this dummy's question....
    >
    >Regards,
    >Frank

    Frank,

    How about enabling logging on the client and creating a bpbkar directory;
    the resultant log should contain what you're looking for.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread