ltid and vmd - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on ltid and vmd - Veritas Net Backup ; Nov 30 14:27:32 servername ltid[12238]: [ID 753817 daemon.error] Cannot start rdevmi process for remote shared drive operations on host servername, cannot connect to vmd Im seeing this error in my /var/adm/messages and its also coming through on OVO. it just ...

  1. ltid and vmd

    Nov 30 14:27:32 servername ltid[12238]: [ID 753817 daemon.error] Cannot start
    rdevmi process for remote shared drive operations on host servername, cannot
    connect to vmd

    Im seeing this error in my /var/adm/messages and its also coming through
    on OVO. it just seemed to start. Any idea what the issue is?

  2. Re: ltid and vmd

    "scusack" wrote:

    >Nov 30 14:27:32 servername ltid[12238]: [ID 753817 daemon.error] Cannot

    start
    >rdevmi process for remote shared drive operations on host servername, cannot
    >connect to vmd
    >
    >Im seeing this error in my /var/adm/messages and its also coming through
    >on OVO. it just seemed to start. Any idea what the issue is?

    Looks like it could not connect to the main server and do a scan. it had
    a bunch of alternate servers which I would of never been able to connect
    to due to firewall issues. THanks

+ Reply to Thread