ACSLS library - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on ACSLS library - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I use STK L8500 tape library with ACSLS software. Is there is any administrator to exchange knowledge about NetBackup working with ACSLS ?? Thanks Lucasdm...

  1. ACSLS library

    Hi,

    I use STK L8500 tape library with ACSLS software. Is there is any
    administrator to exchange knowledge about NetBackup working with ACSLS ??

    Thanks
    Lucasdm

  2. Re: ACSLS library

    "Lucasdm" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I use STK L8500 tape library with ACSLS software. Is there is any
    >administrator to exchange knowledge about NetBackup working with ACSLS ??
    >
    >Thanks
    >Lucasdm

    I use 2 STK Silos,1 using 9840B tapes and one with 9940B tapes that are controlled
    with ACSLS. If you want to me to try and help you with any set up issues
    and the Veritas interface, LMK.

    DJ

  3. Re: ACSLS library

    "DJ" wrote in message news:456bb6b0@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > I use 2 STK Silos,1 using 9840B tapes and one with 9940B tapes that are
    > controlled
    > with ACSLS. If you want to me to try and help you with any set up issues
    > and the Veritas interface, LMK.

    Hi DJ,

    I have SUN/STK L8500 tabe library with ACSLS instaled on SUN cluster. I use
    ACSLS for three separated backup system. One of them is Veritas NetBackup
    6.0MP4 on Solaris and Windows Media serwers. I have had some problems during
    instalation, but actually I have resolved most of them.

    There is two not resolved yet:

    1. I use LTO3 and T10000 tape drives. The problem is, that both of them are
    resolved in NetBackup as hcard3 drives. The LTO3 tape is 400GB (without
    compression) and T10000 tape is 500GB. I am litle bit worry, that different
    tapes are resolved as one type. But at this time, I must do some tests.

    2. In L8500 I have just one CAP for 39 tapes. I have not function in
    NetBackup to import tapes to library, so I don't know yet, how can I unlock
    CAP from NetBackup. Remember, that there is another two backup systems. At
    this time I "enter" tapes from ACSLS command, but in my opinion it should
    work directly from NetBackup console...

    Best regards
    Lucasdm

  4. Re: ACSLS library

    Tu debes hacer un inventory robo, con la opcion update prior cap

    "Lucasdm" wrote:
    >"DJ" wrote in message news:456bb6b0@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >> I use 2 STK Silos,1 using 9840B tapes and one with 9940B tapes that are

    >> controlled
    >> with ACSLS. If you want to me to try and help you with any set up issues
    >> and the Veritas interface, LMK.

    >Hi DJ,
    >
    >I have SUN/STK L8500 tabe library with ACSLS instaled on SUN cluster. I

    use
    >ACSLS for three separated backup system. One of them is Veritas NetBackup

    >6.0MP4 on Solaris and Windows Media serwers. I have had some problems during

    >instalation, but actually I have resolved most of them.
    >
    >There is two not resolved yet:
    >
    >1. I use LTO3 and T10000 tape drives. The problem is, that both of them

    are
    >resolved in NetBackup as hcard3 drives. The LTO3 tape is 400GB (without

    >compression) and T10000 tape is 500GB. I am litle bit worry, that different

    >tapes are resolved as one type. But at this time, I must do some tests.
    >
    >2. In L8500 I have just one CAP for 39 tapes. I have not function in
    >NetBackup to import tapes to library, so I don't know yet, how can I unlock

    >CAP from NetBackup. Remember, that there is another two backup systems.

    At
    >this time I "enter" tapes from ACSLS command, but in my opinion it should

    >work directly from NetBackup console...
    >
    >Best regards
    >Lucasdm

+ Reply to Thread