Oracle RAC backups - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Oracle RAC backups - Veritas Net Backup ; Has anyone setup backing up oracle RAC 10g? I will have an environment with 3 node production servers and 2 node development servers. I've read the guide but looking for any real world setup and best practices. Any info provided ...

  1. Oracle RAC backups

    Has anyone setup backing up oracle RAC 10g? I will have an environment with
    3 node production servers and 2 node development servers. I've read the guide
    but looking for any real world setup and best practices. Any info provided
    would be greatly appreciated. The OS on each node is RED HAT ES 4.0.

    Thanks
    Anthony

  2. Re: Oracle RAC backups

    "Anthony Duncan" wrote:

    >Has anyone setup backing up oracle RAC 10g? I will have an environment with
    >3 node production servers and 2 node development servers. I've read the

    guide
    >but looking for any real world setup and best practices. Any info provided
    >would be greatly appreciated. The OS on each node is RED HAT ES 4.0.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Anthony

    We are presently attempting to get backups working in a 3 node RAC environment
    on 10gR2. Not going very well. We currently have the agent installed on
    all 3 nodes to make sure the requests are not getting passed around by RAC
    and have been having a ton of issues with RMAN.

    I'm looking for the same thing and will provide more detailed info shortly.

    --Kerry

  3. Re: Oracle RAC backups

    "Kerry LeRoy" wrote:

    >"Anthony Duncan" wrote:
    >>
    >>Has anyone setup backing up oracle RAC 10g? I will have an environment

    with
    >>3 node production servers and 2 node development servers. I've read the

    >guide
    >>but looking for any real world setup and best practices. Any info provided
    >>would be greatly appreciated. The OS on each node is RED HAT ES 4.0.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Anthony

    >We are presently attempting to get backups working in a 3 node RAC environment
    >on 10gR2. Not going very well. We currently have the agent installed on
    >all 3 nodes to make sure the requests are not getting passed around by RAC
    >and have been having a ton of issues with RMAN.
    >
    >I'm looking for the same thing and will provide more detailed info shortly.
    >
    >--Kerry

    What we've done is to setup in SSO environment . Each node is it's own
    individual SAN Media Server in a separate policy. Rman pretty much controls
    everything else as the backup jobs are initiated from the nodes themselves
    via cron not via a regular scheduled policy job. Based on when the job is
    ran within a backup window determines which pool and retention which is set
    in the oracle agent policy along with what the DBA setup with RMAN. Since
    the DBA didn't utilize virtual(logical) name we set it up this way.

    Anthony

    Anthony Duncan

+ Reply to Thread