Anyone try configuring backup for a Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Anyone try configuring backup for a Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ? - Veritas Net Backup ; Anyone try configuring Backup for an Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ? Have any idea how to do it ? should I use the floating address or client name as one node fails it would fail over to other ...

  1. Anyone try configuring backup for a Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ?

    Anyone try configuring Backup for an Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ?

    Have any idea how to do it ? should I use the floating address or client
    name as one node fails it would fail over to other node.

  2. Re: Anyone try configuring backup for a Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ?

    try this...
    In client tab of oracle policy, put the name of the logical node and the
    name of every physical node, then run policy on the logical node.

    "Wonga" wrote:

    >Anyone try configuring Backup for an Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ?
    >
    >Have any idea how to do it ? should I use the floating address or client
    >name as one node fails it would fail over to other node.

  3. Re: Anyone try configuring backup for a Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ?

    Oh ok thanks Anna, I give it a try.

    Cheers WoNgA.

    "Anna Rita" wrote:

    >try this...
    >In client tab of oracle policy, put the name of the logical node and the
    >name of every physical node, then run policy on the logical node.
    >
    >"Wonga" wrote:
    >>
    >>Anyone try configuring Backup for an Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ?
    >>
    >>Have any idea how to do it ? should I use the floating address or client
    >>name as one node fails it would fail over to other node.

  4. Re: Anyone try configuring backup for a Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ?

    "Anna Rita" wrote:

    >try this...
    >In client tab of oracle policy, put the name of the logical node and the
    >name of every physical node, then run policy on the logical node.

    Anna,

    Why do you add the physical nodes into the client list as well as the logical
    node? I have been having issues getting Oracle backups to work properly
    in a 3 node RAC environment on 10gR2 and am curious. I'll try it and see
    what happens.

    --Kerry

    >"Wonga" wrote:
    >>
    >>Anyone try configuring Backup for an Oracle DB on a Cluster Server ?
    >>
    >>Have any idea how to do it ? should I use the floating address or client
    >>name as one node fails it would fail over to other node.

+ Reply to Thread