Media access port is unavailable[251] - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media access port is unavailable[251] - Veritas Net Backup ; I use vault to eject tapes from an SL8500 via the ACSLS Server. This has been working fine for Months then comes up with the message "Media access port is unavailable[251]" and fails. There is nothing wrong (apparently) with the ...

  1. Media access port is unavailable[251]

    I use vault to eject tapes from an SL8500 via the ACSLS Server. This has been
    working fine for Months then comes up with the message "Media access port
    is unavailable[251]" and fails. There is nothing wrong (apparently) with
    the CAP and changing the Media Server that the eject is run through usually
    sorts it out, for a while. It then fails again and I have to pick another
    Server, I'm fast running out of Servers!

    Has anyone seen this?

  2. Re: Media access port is unavailable[251]

    "Keith Ryan" wrote:

    >I use vault to eject tapes from an SL8500 via the ACSLS Server. This has

    been
    >working fine for Months then comes up with the message "Media access port
    >is unavailable[251]" and fails. There is nothing wrong (apparently) with
    >the CAP and changing the Media Server that the eject is run through usually
    >sorts it out, for a while. It then fails again and I have to pick another
    >Server, I'm fast running out of Servers!
    >
    >Has anyone seen this?

    Keith,

    When's the last time you rebooted any of these servers or the tape robot
    itself? It sounds like either a daemon on the server has lost it's way or
    the tape robot isn't listening to the request.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread