Export policy from Veritas Netbackup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Export policy from Veritas Netbackup - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I was trying to export all the info present in each policy into a .txt file so that i can take a print. Can anyone let me know if there is a way to do this from the application ...

  1. Export policy from Veritas Netbackup

    Hi,

    I was trying to export all the info present in each policy into a .txt
    file so that i can take a print. Can anyone let me know if there is a way
    to do this from the application or do we need to use a third party software.

    Thanks

    DS

  2. Re: Export policy from Veritas Netbackup

    in article 452d8035@ROSASTDMZ05., DS at dnair@hotmail.com wrote on 10/11/06
    4:37 PM:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I was trying to export all the info present in each policy into a .txt
    > file so that i can take a print. Can anyone let me know if there is a way
    > to do this from the application or do we need to use a third party software.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > DS

    What version? In at least 5.1 all policy information is stored in text files
    in /opt/openv/netbackup/db/class.

    You could simply recurse into each directory and append each file to a
    master output file.

  3. Re: Export policy from Veritas Netbackup

    DS wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was trying to export all the info present in each policy into a .txt
    > file so that i can take a print. Can anyone let me know if there is a way
    > to do this from the application or do we need to use a third party software.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > DS

    DS -

    You also might try;
    # /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppllist -U

    Regards,
    Andrew R-C

  4. Re: Export policy from Veritas Netbackup

    in article 452D9AFE.3000105@toll.com.au, Andrew Ross-Costello at
    androssc@toll.com.au wrote on 10/11/06 6:31 PM:

    > DS wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I was trying to export all the info present in each policy into a .txt
    >> file so that i can take a print. Can anyone let me know if there is a way
    >> to do this from the application or do we need to use a third party software.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> DS

    > DS -
    >
    > You also might try;
    > # /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppllist -U
    >

    > Regards,
    > Andrew R-C

    Good call. So all one needs to do is:

    for i in `ls /opt/openv/netbackup/db/class`; do
    /opt/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppllist ${i} -U>>/tmp/output.txt; done

  5. Re: Export policy from Veritas Netbackup

    "DS" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I was trying to export all the info present in each policy into a .txt
    >file so that i can take a print. Can anyone let me know if there is a way
    >to do this from the application or do we need to use a third party software.
    >

    >Thanks
    >
    >DS

    Hi,

    Try the following command : bppllist -allpolicies -U > /tmp/bppllist.out

+ Reply to Thread