** Client install on windows 2003 server 64 bit ** Problem - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on ** Client install on windows 2003 server 64 bit ** Problem - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi ! I try to install the netbackup-client (5.1) on a windows server 2003 64bit system. (Its not an iltanium) At the installprocedure at status -Add netbackup port entries a errormessage pop up. -> title = MSI1FCD -> message = ...

  1. ** Client install on windows 2003 server 64 bit ** Problem

    Hi !

    I try to install the netbackup-client (5.1) on a windows server 2003 64bit
    system. (Its not an iltanium)

    At the installprocedure at status -Add netbackup port entries a errormessage
    pop up.

    -> title = MSI1FCD
    -> message = Netbackup Setup cannot access the etc\services file. Check its
    permissions.

    Whats on ? What can i do ?

    I search on the veritas support pages, but nothing found.

    Can anybody help me ?

    Greets Holger

    P.S.: The backupserver is a solaris system, but i think it doesn?t cause
    problems at the client installation, or ?

  2. Re: ** Client install on windows 2003 server 64 bit ** Problem

    in article 45254079@ROSASTDMZ05., Holger at hl@werum.de wrote on 10/5/06
    10:27 AM:

    > Hi !
    >
    > I try to install the netbackup-client (5.1) on a windows server 2003 64bit
    > system. (Its not an iltanium)
    >
    > At the installprocedure at status -Add netbackup port entries a errormessage
    > pop up.
    >
    > -> title = MSI1FCD
    > -> message = Netbackup Setup cannot access the etc\services file. Check its
    > permissions.
    >
    > Whats on ? What can i do ?
    >
    > I search on the veritas support pages, but nothing found.
    >
    > Can anybody help me ?
    >
    > Greets Holger
    >
    > P.S.: The backupserver is a solaris system, but i think it doesn?t cause
    > problems at the client installation, or ?

    64bit requires 5.1MP4, is that the version you are installing?

  3. Re: ** Client install on windows 2003 server 64 bit ** Problem

    ps wrote:
    >in article 45254079@ROSASTDMZ05., Holger at hl@werum.de wrote on 10/5/06
    >10:27 AM:
    >

    >> Hi !
    >>
    >> I try to install the netbackup-client (5.1) on a windows server 2003 64bit
    >> system. (Its not an iltanium)
    >>
    >> At the installprocedure at status -Add netbackup port entries a errormessage
    >> pop up.
    >>
    >> -> title = MSI1FCD
    >> -> message = Netbackup Setup cannot access the etc\services file. Check

    its
    >> permissions.
    >>
    >> Whats on ? What can i do ?
    >>
    >> I search on the veritas support pages, but nothing found.
    >>
    >> Can anybody help me ?
    >>
    >> Greets Holger
    >>
    >> P.S.: The backupserver is a solaris system, but i think it doesn?t cause
    >> problems at the client installation, or ?
    >>

    >64bit requires 5.1MP4, is that the version you are installing?

    OK, i try a local install, and my UNIX-Backupserver has 5.1 and MP4 server
    and client.

  4. Re: ** Client install on windows 2003 server 64 bit ** Problem

    Hi Holger,

    Follow instructions seen in

    And you'll be able to install the client on the x64 machine.

    Works for me

    Fred

    >I try to install the netbackup-client (5.1) on a windows server 2003 64bit
    >system. (Its not an iltanium)
    >
    >At the installprocedure at status -Add netbackup port entries a errormessage
    >pop up.
    >
    >-> title = MSI1FCD
    >-> message = Netbackup Setup cannot access the etc\services file. Check

    its
    >permissions.

+ Reply to Thread