+++++Backup Selections+++++ - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on +++++Backup Selections+++++ - Veritas Net Backup ; I added 2 servers in the client list on Clients tab. One is a Remote Windows 2000 server. The other is the Local Windows server 2003. On the tab of Backup Selections, how can you tell which entry is for ...

  1. +++++Backup Selections+++++

    I added 2 servers in the client list on Clients tab. One is a Remote Windows
    2000 server. The other is the Local Windows server 2003. On the tab of Backup
    Selections, how can you tell which entry is for which client if I want to
    backup ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES on the Remote server and System_State:\ on the Local
    server? In the list of Backup Selectctions, it only shows ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    and System_State:\. Do I need to add the server name manually at the begining
    of these Directives? like \\Remote\ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and \\Local\System_State:\
    ? How about Directive Set? Many thanks.

  2. Re: +++++Backup Selections+++++

    in article 4523aba2@ROSASTDMZ05., IZ at y.z@rogers.com wrote on 10/4/06 5:40
    AM:

    > I added 2 servers in the client list on Clients tab. One is a Remote Windows
    > 2000 server. The other is the Local Windows server 2003. On the tab of Backup
    > Selections, how can you tell which entry is for which client if I want to
    > backup ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES on the Remote server and System_State:\ on the Local
    > server? In the list of Backup Selectctions, it only shows ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    > and System_State:\. Do I need to add the server name manually at the begining
    > of these Directives? like \\Remote\ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and \\Local\System_State:\
    > ? How about Directive Set? Many thanks.

    All clients in a class share the same backup selection. You'll need to
    create a different class for the clients that have different backup
    selections.

  3. Re: +++++Backup Selections+++++

    ps wrote:
    >in article 4523aba2@ROSASTDMZ05., IZ at y.z@rogers.com wrote on 10/4/06

    5:40
    >AM:
    >

    >> I added 2 servers in the client list on Clients tab. One is a Remote Windows
    >> 2000 server. The other is the Local Windows server 2003. On the tab of

    Backup
    >> Selections, how can you tell which entry is for which client if I want

    >> backup ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES on the Remote server and System_State:\ on the

    Local
    >> server? In the list of Backup Selectctions, it only shows ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    >> and System_State:\. Do I need to add the server name manually at the begining
    >> of these Directives? like \\Remote\ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and \\Local\System_State:\
    >> ? How about Directive Set? Many thanks.

    >All clients in a class share the same backup selection. You'll need to
    >create a different class for the clients that have different backup
    >selections.

    I use NetBackup 6.0. Where to create classes? And how to use them on Clients
    tab of policy for MS-WindowsNT backup?

  4. Re: +++++Backup Selections+++++

    in article 45245c62@ROSASTDMZ05., IZ at y.z@rogers.com wrote on 10/4/06 6:14
    PM:

    > ps wrote:
    >> in article 4523aba2@ROSASTDMZ05., IZ at y.z@rogers.com wrote on 10/4/06

    > 5:40
    >> AM:
    >>

    >>> I added 2 servers in the client list on Clients tab. One is a Remote Windows
    >>> 2000 server. The other is the Local Windows server 2003. On the tab of

    > Backup
    >>> Selections, how can you tell which entry is for which client if I want

    >>> backup ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES on the Remote server and System_State:\ on the

    > Local
    >>> server? In the list of Backup Selectctions, it only shows ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    >>> and System_State:\. Do I need to add the server name manually at the
    >>> begining
    >>> of these Directives? like \\Remote\ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and
    >>> \\Local\System_State:\
    >>> ? How about Directive Set? Many thanks.

    >> All clients in a class share the same backup selection. You'll need to
    >> create a different class for the clients that have different backup
    >> selections.
    >>

    > I use NetBackup 6.0. Where to create classes? And how to use them on Clients
    > tab of policy for MS-WindowsNT backup?

    Policy=class. You need to create a new policy for each group of clients that
    have different backup selection requirements, unless you get tricky with
    exclude and include lists. Policies are under the Policy subsection in the
    admin console. This is pretty basic Netbackup operation, you'll be doing
    yourself a favor if you read the NB manual to get a basic understanding how
    NB works.

+ Reply to Thread