Recatalog expired retention offsite tape. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Recatalog expired retention offsite tape. - Veritas Net Backup ; Can some advice on what i can do to try to get my offsite tapes recataloged? I have tried the bprecover -l -m (media Number) -d 8mm. But not one tape has been successful.the Error I get is :"media or ...

  1. Recatalog expired retention offsite tape.

    Can some advice on what i can do to try to get my offsite tapes recataloged?
    I have tried the bprecover -l -m (media Number) -d 8mm. But not one tape
    has been successful.the Error I get is :"media or file was not created by
    bpbackupdb. Specific media or path does not contain a valid NB database backup
    header.
    NetBackup v6.0
    Adic Scaler I1000
    WIndows 2000 Server
    Retention policy - 3 months

    TIA - Klint

  2. Re: Recatalog expired retention offsite tape.

    Hi Klint,

    The "bprecover" command is for recovering a cold catalog backup. Is this
    what you are really trying to do? Recover a three month old catalog?

    I think you mean to re-populate the catalog with the contents/images on
    media? If so, you need to use the "bpimport" command. There are two stages
    to importing. You will need to read the manual, it'll take me more time to
    explain, than for you to find and read the manuals. If you get stuck again,
    just ask.

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "Klint Torbert" wrote in message

    > Can some advice on what i can do to try to get my offsite tapes
    > recataloged?
    > I have tried the bprecover -l -m (media Number) -d 8mm. But not one tape
    > has been successful.the Error I get is :"media or file was not created by
    > bpbackupdb. Specific media or path does not contain a valid NB database
    > backup
    > header.
    > NetBackup v6.0
    > Adic Scaler I1000