Exclude media files from backup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Exclude media files from backup - Veritas Net Backup ; Due to large volumes of data to be backed up, the backupo is still running durining office hours. I need to exclude media files from the Monday to thursday. Then do a full backup on friday. How can I do ...

  1. Exclude media files from backup

    Due to large volumes of data to be backed up, the backupo is still running
    durining office hours. I need to exclude media files from the Monday to thursday.
    Then do a full backup on friday.

    How can I do this. All I can see, the exclude effects the client so the Friday
    would be an exclude as well.

  2. Re: Exclude media files from backup

    Graham Cooper wrote, in part, on 9/27/2006 9:30 AM:
    > Due to large volumes of data to be backed up, the backupo is still running
    > durining office hours. I need to exclude media files from the Monday to thursday.
    > Then do a full backup on friday.
    >
    > How can I do this. All I can see, the exclude effects the client so the Friday
    > would be an exclude as well.

    You can have an exclude list that affects all client backups, but you
    may also have an exclude list for a particular policy or schedule within
    a policy.

    In this case, it would make sense to have one schedule for your Friday
    backups and another for Monday to Thursday. Your exclude list for this
    latter schedule would include specifications to exclude your media
    files. For how to specify an exclude list on your platform, see the
    fine NetBackup documentation! ;-)

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread