Restore to test media server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore to test media server - Veritas Net Backup ; Scenario: I backed up a target at our office via the media server here. I now have the tape on site with me at our DR site. The DR site now has its own media server installed. How do I ...

  1. Restore to test media server

    Scenario: I backed up a target at our office via the media server here. I
    now have the tape on site with me at our DR site. The DR site now has its
    own media server installed. How do I go about re-directing the restore request
    so the media server here at the DR site restores the data?
    I've added the original media server to the host over ride config on the
    master server so the media server at the DR site should acutally restore
    the data. But every time i open BAR and add the media server as the server
    to use i receive "ERROR: cannot connect on socket". I know i'm missing somehting
    somewhere but i cannot find it. Any help would really be appreciated.

    thanks

    mike.

  2. Re: Restore to test media server

    Sorry i forgot to mention that we are running NBU 6.0 MP3 on Windows 2003
    SP1 servers.
    "Mike" wrote:

    >Scenario: I backed up a target at our office via the media server here.

    >now have the tape on site with me at our DR site. The DR site now has its
    >own media server installed. How do I go about re-directing the restore request
    >so the media server here at the DR site restores the data?
    >I've added the original media server to the host over ride config on the
    >master server so the media server at the DR site should acutally restore
    >the data. But every time i open BAR and add the media server as the server
    >to use i receive "ERROR: cannot connect on socket". I know i'm missing somehting
    >somewhere but i cannot find it. Any help would really be appreciated.
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >mike.

+ Reply to Thread