Problems unassinging media using BPEXPDATE - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Problems unassinging media using BPEXPDATE - Veritas Net Backup ; I have received a couple of errors when trying to expire tapes. 1, Could not deassign due to Media Manager Error - I have expired other tapes using this command and thay have been successful but whatever I try this ...

  1. Problems unassinging media using BPEXPDATE

    I have received a couple of errors when trying to expire tapes.

    1, Could not deassign due to Media Manager Error - I have expired other tapes
    using this command and thay have been successful but whatever I try this
    one won't work. Any ideas gladly received

    2, requested media ID was not found in NB media database and or MM Volume
    database. This is a common error if i forget to use the -oldserver switch
    as I am performing this from the Master Server not Media. The tape IS showing
    as assigned and VERITAS will not let me delete it as it is assigned.

    Again, Any ideas would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Problems unassinging media using BPEXPDATE

    Please refer to the following tech note--this should get you going in the
    right direction:
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/280202

    Problems with media with Robotic Tape Library refer to:
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/280181

    Hope this helps

    We have several media we cannot unassign as well.
    Good luck---Durane/State Of Wisc--Dept Workforce Development--Madison, Wi

+ Reply to Thread