NB5.1 MP5 - Windows Server 2000 Upgrade to Windows Server 2003 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NB5.1 MP5 - Windows Server 2000 Upgrade to Windows Server 2003 - Veritas Net Backup ; Is there a PDC which advises what is needed to upgrade a NB5.1 media server to Windows Server 2003....

  1. NB5.1 MP5 - Windows Server 2000 Upgrade to Windows Server 2003

    Is there a PDC which advises what is needed to upgrade a NB5.1 media server
    to Windows Server 2003.

  2. Re: NB5.1 MP5 - Windows Server 2000 Upgrade to Windows Server 2003

    Hi Lee,

    Are you upgrading the O/S, or NBU? Or both? Which O/S are you using?
    Win2003 or Win2003 SP1? Which NBU are you using? v5.1 Server or V5.1
    Enterprise Server? Is you Win2003 Advanced or Data Centre? Cluster or
    single node? Single master/media server or master and separate media
    server(s) - more than one? What do you think your major concerns are? What
    does your term "PDC" refer to? Primary Domain Controller or something else?

    Please advise, as we don't have a lot go on?

    Previously I have upgraded a Windows master server from Win2000 SP4 Advanced
    Server to Windows 2003 SP1 without issue. Beforehand I made sure that I
    upgraded all firmware and drivers on both the Windows master and Windows
    media server - i.e. on QLogic QL2220, and 1Gb Ethernet NIC, and IBM
    ServeRAID 5i - I upgraded firmware and drivers on all (and also on 4 other
    SAN SSO media servers) without issue.

    The upgrade from v5.1 NBU to v6.0 NBU is harder.

    Regards,
    Dave.

    P.S. You must ensure that you have all O/S, all layered software, all
    drivers before you upgrade the O/S. You *MUST* - I mean *MUST* - ensure
    that your catalog backup is readable and restorable - and that you have you
    NBU licence keys to hand. Personally, I would not attempt either an O/S
    upgrade or an NBU upgrade, without having tested it beforehand and knowing
    how to rebuild the O/S and NBU.

    P.P.S. Good luck.

    "Lee Gilchrist" wrote in message

    > Is there a PDC which advises what is needed to upgrade a NB5.1 media
    > server
    > to Windows Server 2003.

+ Reply to Thread