Upgrade Netbackup 5.1 MP3a to Netbackup 6.0 MP3 (Windows 2k) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Upgrade Netbackup 5.1 MP3a to Netbackup 6.0 MP3 (Windows 2k) - Veritas Net Backup ; Dear all, Are there any known issues when upgrading from Netbackup 5.1 MP3 (OS=Windows 2000) to Netbackup 6.0 MP3. Your feedback is welcome Many thanks...

  1. Upgrade Netbackup 5.1 MP3a to Netbackup 6.0 MP3 (Windows 2k)

    Dear all,

    Are there any known issues when upgrading from Netbackup 5.1 MP3 (OS=Windows
    2000) to Netbackup 6.0 MP3.

    Your feedback is welcome

    Many thanks

  2. Re: Upgrade Netbackup 5.1 MP3a to Netbackup 6.0 MP3 (Windows 2k)

    Hi Thomas,

    The main NetBackup support page:
    http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_NBUESVR.htm

    ....has a link to the v6.0 manuals and documentation.
    I strongly recommend that you read the v6.0 Installation Guide.

    Depending on the size and complexity and seriousness of your
    installation/site, then there could be plenty of gotchas and problems ahead.

    This question has been asked several times before in this newsgroup. Can I
    suggest that you search for some brief answers in here? However, the
    manuals are your best bet. I'd read the whole of the "Installation" guide,
    cover to cover if I were you.

    One big change to watch for, is the new hot catalog backups...

    Regards,
    Dave.

    "Thomas" wrote in message

    > Dear all,
    >
    > Are there any known issues when upgrading from Netbackup 5.1 MP3
    > (OS=Windows
    > 2000) to Netbackup 6.0 MP3.
    >
    > Your feedback is welcome
    >
    > Many thanks