Automatic Inventory MSL6000 Series - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Automatic Inventory MSL6000 Series - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi I'm using Netbackup 6.0 MP3 with the AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT set in the vm.conf file. Most of the time, this option doesn't work as it should making my backups fail because the correct media cannot be found. Because I'm not loading ...

  1. Automatic Inventory MSL6000 Series

    Hi

    I'm using Netbackup 6.0 MP3 with the AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT set in the vm.conf
    file. Most of the time, this option doesn't work as it should making my backups
    fail because the correct media cannot be found. Because I'm not loading the
    tapes manually and I would like to take some holiday from time to time
    I would like to get it working correctly: opening library, replace tapes,
    close library -> automatic scan of the library.

    Is there another way of triggering this? for instance in a pre-exec batch
    job ?

    Any pointers would be very appreciated

    thnx

    Jan

  2. Re: Automatic Inventory MSL6000 Series

    I use this in the windows task scheduler:

    C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin\vmupdate -rt tld -rn
    0 -full -use_barcode_rules

    Jim

    "Jan" wrote in message news:450f9b83@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm using Netbackup 6.0 MP3 with the AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT set in the vm.conf
    > file. Most of the time, this option doesn't work as it should making my
    > backups
    > fail because the correct media cannot be found. Because I'm not loading
    > the
    > tapes manually and I would like to take some holiday from time to time
    > I would like to get it working correctly: opening library, replace tapes,
    > close library -> automatic scan of the library.
    >
    > Is there another way of triggering this? for instance in a pre-exec batch
    > job ?
    >
    > Any pointers would be very appreciated
    >
    > thnx
    >
    > Jan