Create Multiple images concurrently - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Create Multiple images concurrently - Veritas Net Backup ; One tape cartridge (160/320) needed for daily backup each day. If I need to create 2 copies daily by using NetBackup job (not Vault): can it be done if there is only one drive? will 2 copies take much longer ...

  1. Create Multiple images concurrently

    One tape cartridge (160/320) needed for daily backup each day. If I need to
    create 2 copies daily by using NetBackup job (not Vault):

    can it be done if there is only one drive?
    will 2 copies take much longer time than 1 copy?

  2. Re: Create Multiple images concurrently

    Hi !

    You can create 2 copies without Vault by backing up data to two device
    (tapes or disk) simultaneously....

    With only one drive, you can do your backup twice but you will not have
    exactly the same data on both tape and it will take twice the time !!!

    With or whithout Vault, you need 2 tapes to have 2 copies (or enough disk
    space to copy tape to disk and copy disk to a new tape) !

    Someone have better idea ?

    Hugo

    "YZ" a écrit dans le message de news:
    450cac50@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > One tape cartridge (160/320) needed for daily backup each day. If I need
    > create 2 copies daily by using NetBackup job (not Vault):
    >
    > can it be done if there is only one drive?
    > will 2 copies take much longer time than 1 copy?

+ Reply to Thread