Memory Leaks NBU6_MP3 Cluster SAN Media server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Memory Leaks NBU6_MP3 Cluster SAN Media server - Veritas Net Backup ; We've been having issues with memory leaks freezing a node of the MSCS cluster. A tech told me that a patch is in the works for this problem. Has anyone come up with any resolution until then, besides failing over ...

  1. Memory Leaks NBU6_MP3 Cluster SAN Media server

    We've been having issues with memory leaks freezing a node of the MSCS cluster.
    A tech told me that a patch is in the works for this problem. Has anyone
    come up with any resolution until then, besides failing over and rebooting
    each node once a week?

    Thanks,.

  2. Re: Memory Leaks NBU6_MP3 Cluster SAN Media server

    Hi TN,

    Do you have NetBackup PBX Resources installed into your cluster ?
    We had the same problem as you. The problem is that PBX is using a lot of
    handles and more than 120'000, the server is freezing (go to Task Managera
    and actice the Handles column)

    You have three choice :

    1) Make the PBX resource offline. The Backup will continue to work without
    errors
    2) Make a support request to Veritas for obtain the fix for this problem
    3) Send a email to me and you will receive the fix (include in the next
    MP4)

    Laurent

    laurent . zbinden (at) gmail . com

    "T N" wrote in message

    > We've been having issues with memory leaks freezing a node of the MSCS
    > cluster.
    > A tech told me that a patch is in the works for this problem. Has anyone
    > come up with any resolution until then, besides failing over and rebooting
    > each node once a week?
    >
    > Thanks,.

+ Reply to Thread