NetBackup Client and BackupExc Agent - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NetBackup Client and BackupExc Agent - Veritas Net Backup ; Currently, the local network is being backed up by using BackupExec 8.6 that will be replaced with NetBackup. BackupExec must be working untill NetBackup is completed in production. What is going to affect BackupExec if NetBackup Client installed on the ...

  1. NetBackup Client and BackupExc Agent

    Currently, the local network is being backed up by using BackupExec 8.6 that
    will be replaced with NetBackup. BackupExec must be working untill NetBackup
    is completed in production. What is going to affect BackupExec if NetBackup
    Client installed on the machines that has such as BackupExc Agents, Open
    File Option installed? Does BackupExe continue working normally? Thanks.

  2. Re: NetBackup Client and BackupExc Agent

    It will work fine.

    Dont ask why, but I have a handful of servers that I back up with NBU 5.1
    and BE 10.1

    Jim

    "IZ" wrote in message news:44f1ab96@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Currently, the local network is being backed up by using BackupExec 8.6
    > that
    > will be replaced with NetBackup. BackupExec must be working untill
    > NetBackup
    > is completed in production. What is going to affect BackupExec if
    > NetBackup
    > Client installed on the machines that has such as BackupExc Agents, Open
    > File Option installed? Does BackupExe continue working normally? Thanks.

  3. Re: NetBackup Client and BackupExc Agent

    Hate to crash the party but it may not be fine. About the only safe thing
    you can do with two existing clients backing up to two different software
    are full backups.

    The bits of the files are changed each time they're backed up. Of course
    the original person asked about one backup at a time so they situation doesn't
    apply.

    "Jim Miller" wrote:
    >It will work fine.
    >
    >Dont ask why, but I have a handful of servers that I back up with NBU 5.1

    >and BE 10.1
    >
    >Jim
    >
    >"IZ" wrote in message news:44f1ab96@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> Currently, the local network is being backed up by using BackupExec 8.6

    >> that
    >> will be replaced with NetBackup. BackupExec must be working untill
    >> NetBackup
    >> is completed in production. What is going to affect BackupExec if
    >> NetBackup
    >> Client installed on the machines that has such as BackupExc Agents, Open
    >> File Option installed? Does BackupExe continue working normally? Thanks.

  4. Re: NetBackup Client and BackupExc Agent

    I realize this. In my scenario, NBU is the primary backup. BE10.1 is only
    doing full (copy) and not changing the archive bits

    "Chan" wrote in message news:44f31dfc@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hate to crash the party but it may not be fine. About the only safe thing
    > you can do with two existing clients backing up to two different software
    > are full backups.
    >
    > The bits of the files are changed each time they're backed up. Of course
    > the original person asked about one backup at a time so they situation
    > doesn't
    > apply.
    >
    > "Jim Miller" wrote:
    >>It will work fine.
    >>
    >>Dont ask why, but I have a handful of servers that I back up with NBU 5.1

    >>and BE 10.1
    >>
    >>Jim
    >>
    >>"IZ" wrote in message news:44f1ab96@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>>
    >>> Currently, the local network is being backed up by using BackupExec 8.6

    >>> that
    >>> will be replaced with NetBackup. BackupExec must be working untill
    >>> NetBackup
    >>> is completed in production. What is going to affect BackupExec if
    >>> NetBackup
    >>> Client installed on the machines that has such as BackupExc Agents, Open
    >>> File Option installed? Does BackupExe continue working normally? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread